2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat Rims/Tires

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Hey Everyone. My truck is on the way. Lariat with Extended Range in Antimatter Blue. Unlike some I like the rims. I don't like the look of the General Grabber tires. I know they were chosen by Ford in part for rolling resistance. So I am looking at a more aggressive looking tire to fit on the stock rims. 275/60/R20. I want a more aggressive looking tire but I want it to be quiet and have good tread life. Like the look of the Nitto Ridge or Recon Grappler. Always been a Michelin fan. LTX A/T2? Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3? Continental TerrainContact A/T? As you can tell I am all over the board right now but want to replace the General Grabbers upon delivery and would appreciate any input. Thanks, Walt

JamesKlafehn

May 6, 2022
I had Firestone Destination AT2's on my Rav 4 prime. I lost a little range but no noise. I will probably go with those again when I do tires on the Platinum.

OP
W

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Having 2nd thoughts on tire replacement for my Lariat. The General Grabber HTS60 factory tires are very highly rated in latest Consumer Reports (Who I ALWAYS take with a huge grain of salt) All-Season Truck Tire Review. They rate them even with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S which is probably my favorite tire of all time. I find that a bit hard to believe but so they state in the review. I would still prefer the Michelins over the General Grabbers but still considering a little more aggressive looking tire with a smooth, quiet ride. The Continental TerrainContact A/T is also very highly rated and would give me a little more aggressive look. Thoughts or comments? Thanks, Walt

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
I am expecting these trucks to go through tires faster than the ice version because of the increased weight due to the ev battery. Why not just use the stock tires that come with the vehicle and then change to whatever you want on it when you need to replace the original ones? Just curious…

OP
W

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Thanks for getting back to me. Valid point. I had not considered the possibility of decreased tread wear/tire life due to the added weight of this truck vs the ICE version. I am certainly considering your suggestion. Walt