240 40 amp

bencarl

Oct 17, 2023
Canada
Hello. I'm a Tesla owner thinking about trading in my Tesla for a Lightning (extended). Due to only 100 amp service I only currently have a 40 amp Tesla wall charger. My Tesla will charge at 37 km/hr using this 40 amp. Ford has offered me the expensive 80 am p charger. Will this charger work on 40 amp and what type of charging speed can I expect? I'd also consider simply purchasing a Tesla t0 j1712 adapter and continue to use the Tesla charger but not sure what speed of charging to expect. Really appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much.

Old Aviator

Nov 18, 2021
WPB
It will work but you need to manually dial the amp rate down using the dial on the FCSP circuit board. Easy to do and you can find the amp rate for each setting in the manual. It comes set up for 80 amps by default. Small flat bladed screw driver needed to make the adjustment. Do it before you install or in any event with power/breaker off/open.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
It will work but you need to manually dial the amp rate down using the dial on the FCSP circuit board. Easy to do and you can find the amp rate for each setting in the manual. It comes set up for 80 amps by default. Small flat bladed screw driver needed to make the adjustment. Do it before you install or in any event with power/breaker off/open.
Agreed