ADM and switching dealers

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
Day one reservation holder and I got my "Dear John" letter from Ford back in March and hope to get the call next month when they start filling '23 orders.
My dealer has always said that they would honor sticker: until a couple of weeks ago, that is. When I was in test-driving their mannequin, the salesman said they didn't know what they were going to charge, and maybe $20k over, maybe $2k over he didn't know. I know that they have already sold their mannequin for $20k over sticker, but they are making the buyer wait for 6 months to honor the rules from Ford but my assumption had been that they would not up-charge reservation holders and now, apparently, they are walking that back.
Question: Should I wait to get the call, then switch to a dealer not charging ADM or should I be calling Ford now? $20k over is a deal breaker for me but maybe they would get it I don't know. My son-in-law can likely get me a "D" plan, but he's on the East Coast, me on the West Coast. I'd have to road trip it and Wyoming/Utah is still pretty sketchy for EV charging.

Last edited:

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Day one reservation holder and I got my "Dear John" letter from Ford back in March and hope to get the call next month when they start filling '23 orders.
My dealer has always said that they would honor sticker: until a couple of weeks ago, that is. When I was in test-driving their mannequin, the salesman said they didn't know what they were going to charge, and maybe $20k over, maybe $2k over he didn't know. I know that they have already sold their mannequin for $20k over sticker, but they are making the buyer wait for 6 months to honor the rules from Ford but my assumption had been that they would not up-charge reservation holders and now, apparently, they are walking that back.
Question: Should I wait to get the call, then switch to a dealer not charging ADM or should I be calling Ford now? $20k over is a deal breaker for me but maybe they would get it I don't know. My son-in-law can likely get me a "D" plan, but he's on the East Coast, me on the West Coast. I'd have to road trip it and Wyoming/Utah is still pretty sketchy for EV charging.
I would wait for the call and then move to a different dealer Ford will just give your allocation to your new dealer then place your order and the ADM dealer will be the loser

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
I would wait for the call and then move to a different dealer Ford will just give your allocation to your new dealer then place your order and the ADM dealer will be the loser
My dealer said they would honor MSRP for reservation holders, but the 'demo' version, will be very pricey. Make sure you didn't misunderstand him that they were going to stop honoring the MSRP for reservation holders. If you are 100% certain, they won't, I'd change it before the reservation gets converted to an order, to avoid the headache.

jarratt

Jul 26, 2022
NM
My dealer said they would honor MSRP for reservation holders, but the 'demo' version, will be very pricey. Make sure you didn't misunderstand him that they were going to stop honoring the MSRP for reservation holders. If you are 100% certain, they won't, I'd change it before the reservation gets converted to an order, to avoid the headache.
I have a PO to purchase my dealer's mannequin for MSRP. I placed a non-refundable deposit of $5k which will be applied to the purchase price.