Battery Voltage

HWN

Oct 22, 2021
California
Does anyone know what Ford has set the battery voltage for? I don't know how to do the conversion. Specs says charges 15% to 80% in 44 minutes with a 150kW charger. How does this translate to voltage and current?

Additionally, are the battery packs conventionally cooled, forced air cooled or liquid cooled?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Does anyone know what Ford has set the battery voltage for? I don't know how to do the conversion. Specs says charges 15% to 80% in 44 minutes with a 150kW charger. How does this translate to voltage and current?

Additionally, are the battery packs conventionally cooled, forced air cooled or liquid cooled?
I can tell you that they are Liquid cooled and if you get the extended battery you will get two pumps to cool the battery

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I can tell you that they are Liquid cooled and if you get the extended battery you will get two pumps to cool the battery
I don't know what the voltage is but the amperage will change with the accelerator pedal

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
DC fast chargers can charge at 400 or 800 volt. Only a few cars can charge at 800 volt (Taycan Ioniq 5, EV6, and GV60).

The F150 will probably charge at 400 volt, which would mean it has a max of 375 amp (400v * 375a = 150 kW).

Although EV batteries typically have the same voltages as the charge voltages, some EVs like the Hummer EV have an inverter to be able to convert the charger voltage to the battery voltage.

With a peak power output of 420 kW for the extended range battery, I assume the battery can output 1,050 amps.

I hope the batteries are liquid cooled. Otherwise we may see battery degradation like the Nissan Leaf batteries.