Broken Frunk

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
When I went to see the Lightning in Dallas they had the frunk led held up with a stick, They said a customer broke it. Now I saw a video on the Lightning and in that video that frunk was broken this may be a trind. I think Ford should take another look at that. Has anyone else see any broken frunks ?

Last edited:

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
When I went to see the Lightning in Dallas they had the frunk led held up with a stick, They said a customer broke it. Now I saw a video on the Lightning and in that video that frunk was broken this may be a trind. I think Ford should take another look at that. Has anyone else see any broken frunks ?
I think when you are at an auto-show a million people mess with them and try to close a 'power frunk' by slamming it, rather than pushing the button. I actually saw that in one of the videos. These 'demo' versions get abuse that an owner knows better and would not do.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I think when you are at an auto-show a million people mess with them and try to close a 'power frunk' by slamming it, rather than pushing the button. I actually saw that in one of the videos. These 'demo' versions get abuse that an owner knows better and would not do.
I hope you are right but now I have seen 3 video with the same problem.

Grumpy

Jan 24, 2022
Oregon
The "frunk lid" must be heavy, it includes all of the grill weight that is a great distance from the attachment point of the actuators. Combine that large static load with the forces it will face in service from wind when open, and the actuators need to be beefy.

The heavy rear "hatch" of my Chrysler minivan is quite heavy and has hinge mechanisms that includes the motor and hinges that allow users to manually close it, if a person doesn't push the button. It is a setup entirely different than on the Lightning. Ford hasn't made a minivan for a long time.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I have a 2017 Lincoln Continental and if I open the trunk from the driver's seat they always slam the trunk lid with there hands and it has not broke yet so I thank that the frunk will always be broke unless ford retrofits it.