Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
First leaked photo of the Silverado EV!

2023-chevy-silverado-ev-.jpeg

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
I have to admit, the new Silverado EV looks pretty sweet!

Yes, not bad "For a Chevy!" haha - I'm a Ford guy and wouldn't be caught driving one; but the specs are pretty impressive. I wonder what the cost will be, they left that out; except for the work version.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Yes, not bad "For a Chevy!" haha - I'm a Ford guy and wouldn't be caught driving one; but the specs are pretty impressive. I wonder what the cost will be, they left that out; except for the work version.
When I looked at the online reservation page it said the RST First Edition was about $105,000.

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Interesting to get members takes on the Silverado EV. My 1st thought was...The F-150 Lightning is an F-150. No doubt. And I think that is a good thing and part of the very wide appeal of the Lightning. The Silverado EV is in no way shape or form a Silverado. Not saying that is a bad thing but just an observation. They could have very well named it the Avalanche EV. I wonder how that will play with traditional Chevy/GMC truck buyers? The Reservation launch for the Silverado appears to have created a lot of confusion. It appeared (although it may not be the case) that there were only 2 choices...a $105k Special Edition RST or a $39k Work Truck! VERY confusing and probably cost them a lot of reservations. As for the truck itself...Some very impressive numbers and features. Looks are very subjective. My 1st impression was of an Avalanche but somehow smaller appearing than a current Silverado...Almost in between a Silverado and a Colorado. That may be deceiving though as I have not seen actual dimension numbers yet. Looking forward to hearing from members tomorrow when the 1st invites for the F-150 Lightning are supposed to go out!!!

pseudonym

Sep 16, 2021
MA
I agree. It is seems like an odd strategy for Chevy to make their first EV truck look so much like an old product that was never beloved by truck people in the first place.