F150 Lightning Stock Wheels and Tires Specs

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Has anyone seen the specs on the stock wheels & tires?

I'd be interested in knowing the size/weight differences and the brand of tires Ford will be using. Will these carry over from the regular F150s?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Has anyone seen the specs on the stock wheels & tires?

I'd be interested in knowing the size/weight differences and the brand of tires Ford will be using. Will these carry over from the regular F150s?
Iam with you I would like to see tire and rims pictures up close and interior colors and trim only platinum has leather on consoled and gear shifter so what is on the Lareit plastic.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I heard that the tires aren't anything special in regards to rolling resistance or weight. So now I'm thinking my Lighting needs some wheels and tires that actually improve performance instead of going with a traditional off-road wheel and tire package.

astricklin123

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas
It's my understanding that because of the additional weight of the lightning, standard f-150 wheels will not be compatible. However I would imagine that they are using a tire size that's similar to what's available on the current truck.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Iam with you I would like to see tire and rims pictures up close and interior colors and trim only platinum has leather on consoled and gear shifter so what is on the Lareit plastic.
Even the XLT has a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear selector. Not on the console, though. The Platinum gets “premium” leather. The Pro model is the only one with no leather in it at all.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Truck tire have two load rating on them. Because they may be on a dually. One is for a 4 wheel truck and the other for a 6 wheel truck. I think Ford will put tires on the truck that can carry the load. The tire has to be strong enough to hold enough air to carry the load. But I bet the air pressure is a lot higher. maybe 45 or 55 PSI do you think?