Grill Guard?

CTCsr

Aug 15, 2021
Texas
Has anyone seen the “frunk” up close?

I want to know if installing a grill guard (“cow catcher” as my grandfather called it) on the front is still possible.

Given the whitetail population in my area - this is a “must have.”

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Alternatively, how collapsible is the "grille"? With the frunk right there, maybe you want to aim FOR the whitetails... self-loading venison! (I kid, of course. I don't even eat meat.)

In all seriousness, I'm sure some aftermarket suppliers will engineer a grille guard with enough clearance for the frunk to swing open. Maybe even have the grille guard able to be folded out so that you can still access the frunk without having to lift over it.

Theblunden

Aug 17, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Has anyone seen the “frunk” up close?

I want to know if installing a grill guard (“cow catcher” as my grandfather called it) on the front is still possible.

Given the whitetail population in my area - this is a “must have.”
It wasn't as big as I expected lots of plastic trim taking up space on the sides and would tough to access the whole thing with a grill guard... Never thought about that problem. With the sides being higher the only real access is in the front not to mention if you leveled/lifted the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_20210816_171250.jpg
    IMG_20210816_171250.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20210816_171244.jpg
    IMG_20210816_171244.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 159

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
It wasn't as big as I expected lots of plastic trim taking up space on the sides and would tough to access the whole thing with a grill guard... Never thought about that problem. With the sides being higher the only real access is in the front not to mention if you leveled/lifted the truck.
This is why I was saying you would want one that can swing away, like a rear-mounted spare behind a tailgate. I guarantee some aftermarket suppliers will make something like that. Whether it's still strong enough to serve its intended purpose is another question, but it could be done if done right.