how much will it cost to charge

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
while driving around town whats the average cost to charge from 10 - 90% on the extended battery. Ford said all dealers will have chargers will they be free for Ford vehicles? are all chargers the same output around town and on the highway while traveling? do the prices fluctuate like fuel prices? I know at home this could take 3-4 days off 120v outlet.

wingfiry

Jun 18, 2021
McDonald, TN
while driving around town whats the average cost to charge from 10 - 90% on the extended battery. Ford said all dealers will have chargers will they be free for Ford vehicles? are all chargers the same output around town and on the highway while traveling? do the prices fluctuate like fuel prices? I know at home this could take 3-4 days off 120v outlet.
Great question! I hadn't heard that there will be a charger at all Ford dealerships.

On EA's network it varies by location and state, but guestimating the capacity of the Extended range battery at 155kWh (since they haven't released those numbers yet) and assuming $.31/kWh, going from 10% to 80% for the extended battery at $.31/kwh would be $33.64 (since you would be adding 70% of the total, which would be 108.5kwh)

john94si

Jul 26, 2021
orlando
Because we do not know the actual battery size yet this cant be known.
I have 2 teslas so I know a bit about charging at home. I use a 240 with a 14-50 adapter.

My performance has a larger battery pack about 78kw. To charge from 51% to 90% cost me about $2.38. You will need to review your power companies rate and if they use off and on peak pricing as mine does.

When you travel YES all chargers charge different prices for sure.
1627321592711.png

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Ford gives you two years of complimentary access to the FordPass Charging Network for easy pay-for-use charging. Your FordPass Charging Network access allows you to locate, activate and pay for charging through your FordPass App or through Plug & Charge.

Many are free and some you will have to pay for a charge.

Here are some of the charging providers you’ll find in the FordPass Charging Network via roaming† in the US and Canada:

• Greenlots
  • Electrify America
  • EV Connect
  • ChargePoint
  • FLO
  • EVgo

Last edited: