How to be first for 2023?

Nightryder

May 30, 2021
Louisiana
Hey guys
I want one of the first 2023 Lightning Pros. I don't want a first year vehicle, but I do want the tax credit, so the end of this year is the sweet spot for me.

I made my reservation over the summer, so my time stamp is late, but it's the only reservation at a small dealer, so I expect an invite to order before March. I think Ford is going to get more Pro orders than they planned, and run out early. What should I do to be first in line for 23?

Should I order a '22 and see if they bump it to a 23? Opt to order a '23 right away? Maybe try something else?
Never ordered a vehicle before, so I'm not sure how this works. Any advice would be appreciated

Attached is my screenshot from the Build & Price

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220104-110026.png
    Screenshot_20220104-110026.png
    653.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I've always found being right up front and open with what I wanted worded the best so I would car for and tell them and see if they could help you in that endeavor. Just my thoughts I hope what ever you do it works out for you.

Shadyant

Dec 2, 2021
Florida
Hey guys
I want one of the first 2023 Lightning Pros. I don't want a first year vehicle, but I do want the tax credit, so the end of this year is the sweet spot for me.

I made my reservation over the summer, so my time stamp is late, but it's the only reservation at a small dealer, so I expect an invite to order before March. I think Ford is going to get more Pro orders than they planned, and run out early. What should I do to be first in line for 23?

Should I order a '22 and see if they bump it to a 23? Opt to order a '23 right away? Maybe try something else?
Never ordered a vehicle before, so I'm not sure how this works. Any advice would be appreciated

Attached is my screenshot from the Build & Price
Based on your reservation time stamp it’s almost impossible you’ll even get a chance at a 22MY. With about 20,000 day one reservations and Ford probably only making about that many 22MY, your Summer res will likely mean 23MY anyway. Maybe even a very late 23 or even 24MY because within 48 ish hours they took over 44k reservations.
It all depends on how quickly Ford can ramp up production and n subsequent MY builds.

No one yet knows if Ford will even start taking 23MY builds in late 22 given their constricted production

Only your dealer might be able to give you estimated time frames

Also know that having the res at a very small dealer with just your res is not actually a good thing. Ford is far more likely to prioritize builds to dealers with larger res numbers.
In fact I think they’ve already stated as such in docs you can find on this site. Either the order playbook or something. I think I’ve seen this priority language in there somewhere.

I’d start with your dealer and get their input.