MY23 Crickets

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
Hey folks, numerous outlets announced that my23 conversions would open Aug 11th, with "price increase". So yeah, new prices are live. But are they actually converting pre-orders? I've heard crickets and my dealer said ford is not converting my23 pre-orders and they've heard nothing. I'm #4 in line for my23, but I pre-ordered 9 minutes into reservations opening 🤦

Anyone got any emails from ford directly about my23?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Hey folks, numerous outlets announced that my23 conversions would open Aug 11th, with "price increase". So yeah, new prices are live. But are they actually converting pre-orders? I've heard crickets and my dealer said ford is not converting my23 pre-orders and they've heard nothing. I'm #4 in line for my23, but I pre-ordered 9 minutes into reservations opening 🤦

No I have not and have not heard from anyone that did.

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO

Ditto for me. I've heard nothing. I also put in my reservation on 5/19/2021. BTW, I will only order a MY23 if they allow me to participate in the Ford F-150 Lightning Customer Satisfaction Private Offer. I refuse to pay an additional $8,500.00 for this truck, not gonna happen.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
So far they are only sending my23 order invitations to those who deferred a my22 invitation after the Pro and XLT models sold out. I deferred for XLT and got my second invitation yesterday. I have until Sept. 5th to make my order. I suspect invitations for those who have not received one before will begin a couple weeks after that.

I was told I would get the "unique private savings that will ensure your ordered price reflects 22MY pricing." I have no idea whether they're going to extend that beyond the deferred-order groups, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Circumstances have changed for me since I deferred, so I'm most likely not ordering at this time. I'd really prefer a smaller truck that will fit in my garage anyway. Hopefully they'll reveal a BEV Ranger or Maverick soon, and start producing them in a couple years. Wish it were possible to transfer a reservation... if it were I'd offer up my "unique private savings" to one of you fine folks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-24 123453.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-24 123453.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 46

Lakeguy55

Mar 7, 2022
New Hampshire
As reported on MANY other sites, the first 2 waves of 2023 orders are for those who were offered 2022 orders but could not get their preferred model (mostly Pros). The first invitations for 2023 reservation holders who haven't received invitations before will go out in mid-September.

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
As reported on MANY other sites, the first 2 waves of 2023 orders are for those who were offered 2022 orders but could not get their preferred model (mostly Pros). The first invitations for 2023 reservation holders who haven't received invitations before will go out in mid-September.
Thanks, I haven't seen that. So if Aug 11th and 18th are first two waves for 2022 who deferred, then yesterday the 25th would have been the first 2023 non-deferred. How do we get to mid September?
Thanks

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks, I haven't seen that. So if Aug 11th and 18th are first two waves for 2022 who deferred, then yesterday the 25th would have been the first 2023 non-deferred. How do we get to mid September?
Thanks
It wasn't Aug. 11th and 18th. The wave for deferred XLT's started on Aug. 24th, and we have until Sept. 5th to make our orders. The waves for non-deferred reservation holders won't be before that.

Lakeguy55

Mar 7, 2022
New Hampshire
Waves 1 & 2 are for deferred reservations and both are now in process. The waves are not weekly (yet). Next wave will resume the invites for non-deferred reservations and will happen sometime in mid-September.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
yes, September will be more like the ORIGINAL Jan 6th orders, when Ford initially sent out the first 'wave' of invitations to Order, like mine.
Later, when that order 'wave' was closed, which is a Ford equation, Ford looks at the 'trim' levels that folks are ordering, compares that to future 'commodities' that are required to build them, and then reconfigures 'what' trims might still be available during that model year. This is why the PRO sold out almost immediately. The Press and built-up desires for a 'sub $40k' full size EV truck were simply MORE than Ford had predicted, and by a HUGH margin. The XLT sold out just afterwards, and which is why folks invited for the next 'waves' were not able to get the truck trim level they might have initially wanted. Some would move 'up' to a Lariat SR, Lariat ER, or Platinum, and some would 'DEFER' their order invite until now, for 2023.

This is why these August order invites were only for those 'original' orders that did not have the trim they wished. Ford let them stay in line, but they just had to 'wait' until now. The rest of us have to wait until those are satisfied, then we might hit the lottery and get picked for 2023, although the same conundrum has happened again - the PRO has sold out for 2023.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
yes, September will be more like the ORIGINAL Jan 6th orders, when Ford initially sent out the first 'wave' of invitations to Order, like mine.
Later, when that order 'wave' was closed, which is a Ford equation, Ford looks at the 'trim' levels that folks are ordering, compares that to future 'commodities' that are required to build them, and then reconfigures 'what' trims might still be available during that model year. This is why the PRO sold out almost immediately. The Press and built-up desires for a 'sub $40k' full size EV truck were simply MORE than Ford had predicted, and by a HUGH margin. The XLT sold out just afterwards, and which is why folks invited for the next 'waves' were not able to get the truck trim level they might have initially wanted. Some would move 'up' to a Lariat SR, Lariat ER, or Platinum, and some would 'DEFER' their order invite until now, for 2023.

This is why these August order invites were only for those 'original' orders that did not have the trim they wished. Ford let them stay in line, but they just had to 'wait' until now. The rest of us have to wait until those are satisfied, then we might hit the lottery and get picked for 2023, although the same conundrum has happened again - the PRO has sold out for 2023.
Hopefully the Pro has only sold out for the deferrals and they will have more available for MY23 regular wave orders. It makes sense that if someone deferred for an XLT Ford will only let them buy an XLT or higher trim. Why would they let XLT deferrals downgrade if they don't have to - especially if they're already honoring MY22 pricing?