percent of orders being converted

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
does anyone have any data on how many reservations that had the chance to order and backed out when it came time to place the order. I saw a number #1 reservation pass on his order and let a number 3 go. I had assumed an 80% cancelation once it came down to ordering but since its so still so hard to get an order even with a reservation from day 2 I dont think people are canceling like I thought they would.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
does anyone have any data on how many reservations that had the chance to order and backed out when it came time to place the order. I saw a number #1 reservation pass on his order and let a number 3 go. I had assumed an 80% cancelation once it came down to ordering but since its so still so hard to get an order even with a reservation from day 2 I dont think people are canceling like I thought they would.

Hard to tell based in forum response data, thousands of folks are not participating on forums so self reporting one or two here and there isn't really going to give us an accurate number.

Only Ford knows how many actual solicitations went out, one could assume that 1/6th of the 15,000 total projected production are being invited each wave, as people select an extension, that give Ford an opportunity to invite additional folks into subsequent waves to fill the gap, I suspect they will do this during the cleanup week once the gate closes for all wave-1 to 6 offers.

It would be interesting to see them issue a mass-mailing to the remaining 185,000 folks, and give them 14 days to commit or extend, then, lock the door on ordering until MY23 rolls around.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
Now that the above is proven outdated with the release of todays email to all the remaining 185,000+ reservation holders, II wonder if there are any people holding offers to buy in wave 1-4 who can still post a new order today through 3/31, or has the door of opportunity closed on them too?

Ford did warn the availability of trim lines were not guaranteed, by now the time to act might over.

Anyone out there in this situation?