Red circle of lights when plugged in

Kpgarage

Jul 31, 2023
Longwood, FL
My truck runs fine but now when plug in I get red lights instead of blue at the charge port. Using home and office based Ford charge pro. Same response to both. Ford app says charge fault. Called help line. No help at all. Taking it in this week. Wondering if anyone else has had this?
thanks for any input. KO

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
My truck runs fine but now when plug in I get red lights instead of blue at the charge port. Using home and office based Ford charge pro. Same response to both. Ford app says charge fault. Called help line. No help at all. Taking it in this week. Wondering if anyone else has had this?
thanks for any input. KO

CHARGE PORT INDICATORS​

The charge status indicator is next to the charging port behind the charge port door. It indicates the charge status of the high voltage battery in your vehicle.
Divided into five zones, the charge status indicator displays the state of charge in 20 percent increments.
The charge status indicator will display how far along the charge is:
  • When zone A is pulsing, the charge is between 0-20 percent.
  • When zone A illuminates, and zone B is pulsing, the charge is between 20-40 percent.
  • When zones A and B illuminate and zone C is pulsing, the charge is between 40-60 percent.
  • When zones A, B, and C illuminate, and zone D is pulsing, the charge is between 60-80 percent.
  • When A, B, C and D illuminate, and zone E is pulsing, the charge is between 80-100 percent.
  • When all zones illuminate, the charge is 100 percent.
Image Shown Without Description

Note: When charging stops, the charge status indicator shows all the completed zones solidly lit up in a blue color for 30 seconds before turning off. For example, if charging stops at 70 percent, then A, B, and C light up solidly to indicate a battery charge level of at least 60 percent but less than 80 percent. Charging stops when complete or when paused due to charge settings or charge station actions.
The color white is used as a courtesy light to help with plugging in and to acknowledge actions such as plugging in and unplugging.
The color blue is used when the vehicle is plugged in and either charging or waiting to charge.
The color amber is used to indicate charge faults.
Charging the High Voltage Battery

Note: Charging faults are identified by the color amber on the charge status indicator. Faults can occur within the vehicle charging system or outside the vehicle, such as with the mobile charger, charge station or electrical supply.
Note: If the system detects a fault in the vehicle charging system at any point in a charge cycle, the entire charge status indicator lights up solidly in an orange color for 30 seconds and then turns off. If this happens, unplug the charge coupler and then plug it back into the charge port receptacle. If the problem persists, contact your dealer.
Note: If the system detects a fault outside the vehicle, such as with the charge station or mobile charger, the entire charge status indicator flashes continuously for 30 seconds and then turns off. If this happens check the mobile charger and the charge station or electrical supply.

Mustang Mach-E Owner's Manual​

MR Fiso

Nov 26, 2023
Washington State
Old (relatively) post, but I wonder what happened so far.
Yes, red ring means there is a fault somewhere and the truck really can not charge. (for anyone just catching up).
Blue means THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO! In my case I got 'all-white' when plugging in my new home third party charger. It was because I was too eager and it had not had time to settle on what amp load the wall socket was good for.

But I have not yet had a 'red ring' happen. I hope yours was not a fault with the on-board charger. But using two different chargers is dubious. Some how like it really does not like the Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP), regardless of which one it is.

Jadobbie73

May 2, 2024
Atlanta, GA
Hi, this is my first post. I’ve owned 4 EVs. 2016 BMW i3, 2019 Chevy Bolt, 2021 VW ID.4 and now a 2022 F-150 Lightning.

My truck had an issue back in March and I took it to a dealership here in Atlanta. They took 5 days before a tech could even look at the truck. Next, battery module 5 had to be replaced.

Now, after over 40 days at dealership, I stopped at an EVgo DC fast charging station. Truck had 70 miles or about 30% of a full charge. Red amber light came on. Tried 3 different charging units (including one that a Nissan Leaf just used). Same amber light.

Called Ford help line. Woman I spoke with said error was due to using a DC charger with less than 50% on the battery. Can this be real? I’ve completed many road trips and used chargers when I had 20%, 15% and even 35%. Never had an issue before.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpeg
    IMG_0236.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 0