Retraxpro-MX

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Everything I read says the Retraxpro-MX is the best cover has anyone have one or know if they are that good for the money?

I have one on my F250 right now and I've been real happy with the overall fit and finish. I'm planning on adding yakima rails soon to add a bike rack above it like this:

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Ok I have spent the day looking at Tonneau bed covers. I was solid on the Retrax but it takes up 10 inch's of bed room and with a 5.5 bed plus if i want to leave the tailgate up and slide boards or plywood it can hit the retrax can and bend it up. I am going with the BakFlip F1. I don't like that you have to drop the tailgate to open the top. With the BakFlip you have the use of the hole bed and if you don't want to block the back windshield you can remove to wingnuts and up it in the Frunk the rails stay put. I am open for rebuttal.

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Ok I have spent the day looking at Tonneau bed covers. I was solid on the Retrax but it takes up 10 inch's of bed room and with a 5.5 bed plus if i want to leave the tailgate up and slide boards or plywood it can hit the retrax can and bend it up. I am going with the BakFlip F1. I don't like that you have to drop the tailgate to open the top. With the BakFlip you have the use of the hole bed and if you don't want to block the back windshield you can remove to wingnuts and up it in the Frunk the rails stay put. I am open for rebuttal.

That's a great point to be concerned about. I don't mind losing 10" on a 6.7" superduty bed, but losing that much on a 5.5 bed is a lot! @Dragoon has a BakFlip and he's been real happy with it.