Sunrun (updated) $9200 for IBS. see my post 3/27

Lightning-Lab

Feb 15, 2022
Annapolis
Found this link on sunrun. $3700, don’t think that includes transfer switch.

1647042284951.jpeg

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Curious how this all works if you have an existing solar inverter already wired into your service. Is any part of this setup no longer needed, or do you still need the whole kit? The transfer switch seems like it would be required, but do I need that whole setup?

OP
L

Lightning-Lab

Feb 15, 2022
Annapolis
Curious how this all works if you have an existing solar inverter already wired into your service. Is any part of this setup no longer needed, or do you still need the whole kit? The transfer switch seems like it would be required, but do I need that whole setup?
It will depend on what kind of solar array you have: String, micro inverter, optimizers. Sunrun sells solar as well - so will integrate with some. SolarEdge optimizers only work with solar edge inverters. So when they are ready, you’ll ask the experts. No harm in getting quote and having them tell you the details for the education.

Galactus55

Aug 19, 2021
N0E 1M0
I would think the size of your inverter is key, If it could handle another 9.6 Kw @ 480 DC volts. Also if it can communicate with the 80 amp pro charger.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
It will depend on what kind of solar array you have: String, micro inverter, optimizers. Sunrun sells solar as well - so will integrate with some. SolarEdge optimizers only work with solar edge inverters. So when they are ready, you’ll ask the experts. No harm in getting quote and having them tell you the details for the education.
If you already have E10BDI with your solar setup the I would not think you would need another one. I have a generac so I have the transfer switch so i don't think I would need another one.

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Interesting that the EV is taking power/giving power directly into/out of the inverter in that diagram. I would need to see if my Solar Edge inverter can take bidirectional loads. At the end of the day, I don't really need the intelligent aspects of this setup. I have no problem going downstairs to throw a manual transfer switch. I do that now to move to a portable generator feed that supplies my critical load panel (Well pump, air heating units, fridge, etc.) I would like to be able to not use that generator and just use the Lightning. Ultimately I may just end up doing what others have suggested and just plugging the 9.6Kw 30 amp plug at the back of the truck into my existing generator port, and call it a day. I'd love to have the full setup, but the cost to set this all up for the once a year power outage using a portable battery that may not always be in the garage seems a bridge too far.

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Also interesting that in that E10-BDI spec sheet, the max EV output seems to be about 36 amps if I am reading it right. That's far below what the Pro Ford charging station can deliver. Does this system limit the rate that we will be able to charge down to less than half of what the FCSP can do?

OP
L

Lightning-Lab

Feb 15, 2022
Annapolis
Link is now up to purchase integration from Sunrun. You’ll need your lightning order number. http://shop.sunrun.com/ford/order/
their standard install of a charger is $1500. *may increase for your installation if non standard install.
looks like another $7700 for them to install intelligent backup components. Combined $9200.

$1500 for chargers install may be high $$$ for some depending on your panel location & panel capacity.
My hundred amp breaker $60. I have a long run of wire, I’m picking up tomorrow, I expect $700 due to length.
I’ve also spent another $250 on conduit.
-If I had a panel in my garage and I could have my install material cost below $200.

I was at dealer on 3/25. Had no clue if I can pickup charger before I take delivery. Their info says delivery early May. I’ll check back with dealer during week 4/18 for mnfg.