Torn

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
Man, why Ford would allow for a leather option in the XLT is killing me. I don’t need all the bells and whistles but would like leather.

I guess I’ll have to suck it up and get the Lariat w/ extended range or just add aftermarket leather to the XLT.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Man, why Ford would allow for a leather option in the XLT is killing me. I don’t need all the bells and whistles but would like leather.

I guess I’ll have to suck it up and get the Lariat w/ extended range or just add aftermarket leather to the XLT.
They say the Lariat is the most bang for your bucks. I know you will be glad you got the extended battery and it looks like you will get 470 miles if you do a lot of driving under 60 mph. I want the Lariat premium package but I really really want $12,500 incentive too. I don't think I am going to get both.

OP
D

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
Yeah, it’s not worth it to me to pay the additional heft in price when all I want are two options from the Lariat package.

I’ll just end up getting the XLT and adding leather seat covers it looks like. I’ll save a ton.

OP
D

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
For kicks and giggles, I just configured a 2021 XLT F150 with 3.5 Powerboost and 4wd and I came in at $50,045 in price.

Unfortunately, I could not get leather there either but that was the ONLY option I wanted. It would not be hard for me to purchase the XLT Lightning optioned the same way and just add leather after.

GOFAST

Oct 19, 2021
Annapolis, MD
This is exactly my issue as well. I want leather on top of the XLT package. I would order the XLT extended range with leather if it was available. Part of me wants to go that route and install aftermarket leather……but that doesn’t feel right for $60+K.

Not being able to get leather in XLT was the driver for me exploring Rivian and ultimately ending up with deposits on both Rivian and Lightning. Currently leaning in the direction of Rivian.

OP
D

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
Understood. I look at Rivian like Tesla. If/when it breaks down it will be a rollback ride to a limited dealership availability somewhere for likely too long.

This truck will be the primary vehicle for my biz. The Lightning is just more feasible all-around.

rdr854

Oct 19, 2021
Northern Virginia
For some premium OEMs, leather is starting to fall out of favor in favor of more sustainable interior materials. While my cards have leather, I would have been just as happy with cloth/textile seats or imitation leatherette seats.

v2hman

Aug 29, 2021
tucson
For kicks and giggles, I just configured a 2021 XLT F150 with 3.5 Powerboost and 4wd and I came in at $50,045 in price.

Unfortunately, I could not get leather there either but that was the ONLY option I wanted. It would not be hard for me to purchase the XLT Lightning optioned the same way and just add leather after.
Where do you go to configure and price a Lightning?

OP
D

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
17E3D7DF-4A36-439A-84C1-FEC542962FB6.jpeg

As you can see, the XLT “Premium” is $10k less than the Lariat without extended range. I’ll be sticking with the XLT Premium.

Last edited: