Who will be the first "microgrid" with Charge Station Pro/Sunrun

MarkC

May 28, 2022
Houston, Texas
The Charge Station Pro system looks very interesting with the CCS connection allowing DC bidirectional energy flow. Who will enable this first? Will Sunrun actually have a functional system of hardware/software (it takes both to be robust). Hopefully, Ford will follow through with functional V2X capabilities of grid, home backup, load, building, etc.

I'd be very interested in any updates - and If anyone knows about the first install, be it a "pilot" or an actual individual purchase, please respond to this post - I'm ready to make the trip! Since I'm way down the list - will not happen for me for likely a couple of years. I went the Nissan Leaf route and continue to be disappointed with no realistic results.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/fords-charge-station-pro-first-vehicle-to-grid-charger/

paulhrab

Jan 7, 2022
Rural Valley, PA
Received an email from Sunrun that appeared to be the invitation to start moving in that direction...filled in the required information and got a reply...sorry, we're not in your area yet. Guess I'll have to use my Mach-e charge station.

OP
M

MarkC

May 28, 2022
Houston, Texas
Received an email from Sunrun that appeared to be the invitation to start moving in that direction...filled in the required information and got a reply...sorry, we're not in your area yet. Guess I'll have to use my Mach-e charge station.
Did Sunrun give you a date when they will support your area? I wonder what "area" they are able to support? I'd guess Ford/Sunrun have an exclusive as essentially every major solar inverter manufacturer has a battery backup option - most at the high voltage DC level.

MacMike

Jun 18, 2021
Texas
Did Sunrun give you a date when they will support your area? I wonder what "area" they are able to support? I'd guess Ford/Sunrun have an exclusive as essentially every major solar inverter manufacturer has a battery backup option - most at the high voltage DC level.
Sunrun operates in 22 states.