USA
2022 MODEL YEAR F150 LIGHTNING LAUNCH TIMELINE
January 5th, 2022 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
January 27th, 2022 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
March 14th, 2022 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
@REDHORSECA credit for this process for finding your VIN after being assigned a BUILD WEEK

I had tried following the instructions on the Lightning forums, MME forum, and FB to pull the VIN# from my Ford Account reservation page with a Build Date. I don't know why my VIN# wasn't showing up in the same places as the screenshots shown by other Lightning reservists.

But, I was unsuccessful at finding the VIN# in the standard places everyone was finding theirs. It was easy to find my Order Number in the data but was coming up blank on the VIN#.

I kept tinkering around and finally found my VIN# in the Browser Developer tools like everyone else. Just a slightly different area for me. This might also help someone find their VIN if the standard way shows up nothing.

• Firefox
  • Login to your Ford.com/ MY ACCOUNT/ go into your Lightning "Reservation & Orders" page
  • Click "View" to see your Lightning's configuration info "YOUR ORDER"
  • Make sure your Lightning is "Scheduled for Production" with a build date "Week of #/##/2022".
  • [F12] to go into Firefox the browser's "Developer Tools"
  • My Firefox Developer Tools shows up on the bottom half of the main browser window. In some cases, it may take the right side of the browser window.
  • In the Developer Tools larger window, select the [Network] tab and also the [XHR] tab on the upper rows of the Developer Tools window.
  • Click inside the Browser window Ford page and press [F5] for Firefox to refresh the browser page. Refreshing the "YOUR ORDER" web page will load up data into the Developer Tools window below.
  • On the upper bars of the Developer Tools window, there is a picture drawing of a tiny funnel "FILTER" for you you to input your Order Number ########. Enter only the numbers.
  • You'll probably get 2-3 hits in the filter results window below, look for the columns [Type] JSON/ highlight that specific record.
  • When you highlight that filter result a smaller window will show itself to the side.
  • In the smaller side window [Headers] tab is probably highlighted, click the [Response] tab and data will cache in the smaller window
  • Click the "Raw" slider switch to show the raw data. This is the final step that allowed me to see my VIN#.
  • Go and click in the smaller cache window results and highlight all the data [CTRL]+"A"
  • Open a Word or Notepad document, Paste [CTRL] + "V" all the data into the text document.
  • In the Word or Notepad Search for "1FTV" (the first letter is a number one), in my search results, My Lightning VIN# was very near the top of the data dump.
  • My VIN data looked like this: "catalogId":"WANAB-TFD-2022-F-150","vin":"1FTVW1EL1NWG05xxx"