2022 Lightning Reservations pushed to 2023

2023-lightning-res.jpg

A member of the Ford Lightning Facebook Group posted an email indicating their first day, first hour Lightning Reservation was pushed to model year 2023. Has anyone else received this email?

A member of the Ford Lightning Facebook Group posted an email indicating their first day, first hour Lightning Reservation was pushed to model year 2023. Has anyone else received this email?
What sucks and seems unfair is that I place my reservation within 30 minutes into release on 5-19-21 and I just got a voice mail from Grappone Ford in Bow NH that even though I am 6th in line (not sure how that happened) they will only be allocated 2 lightnings for 2022 with over 150 reservation holders. I had a choice of dealer and picked Grappone as they were not adding ADM, but did not consider their location and size would impact my order. Am I alone and is there anything I can do?

What sucks and seems unfair is that I place my reservation within 30 minutes into release on 5-19-21 and I just got a voice mail from Grappone Ford in Bow NH that even though I am 6th in line (not sure how that happened) they will only be allocated 2 lightnings for 2022 with over 150 reservation holders. I had a choice of dealer and picked Grappone as they were not adding ADM, but did not consider their location and size would impact my order. Am I alone and is there anything I can do?
I would bet your dealer prioritized a couple of people and you got bumped. Doesn’t sound fair to me. I think someone who reserves 30 minutes into the release should get the vehicle first.

Nice 240 miles from me in Southern Mass, are they a ~NO ADM~ dealer?
Yes they are. They are one of Ford's top truck selling dealers. They still have 150 reservation. And only 25 sports. I feel lucky I am one of them. At least that's what I am told. Till I place order and put 1000.00 down won't hold breath

Yep, my timestamp is 5 mins and 37 seconds after the order bank opened on 5//19/2021. Only reason it wasn't earlier is the site kept giving me a busy signal.

Loveland Ford in Loveland CO told me the second week of December that I was #3 on their list. Then when I asked about why they thought I wasn't in Wave 1, they said "I'm sure you'll be in Wave 2." When I asked why I didn't make Wave 2..."Strange, but I'm sure you'll make Wave 3." Crickets from Ford.
When I asked why they thought I didn't make Wave 3, their GSM said they only received 10 allocations for 2022 and I didn't make the cut so "maybe" I'll be able to order a 2023 in the fall when that order bank opens.....uhhh, what?

So, from #3 to at least #11 in 2 months (of course, the order book was "closed" during that two months)?

I guess the "cut" was a "pay to play" scheme. Funny thing is, they didn't even ask if I was willing to pay above sticker.

One way or another, the dealers will be the death of the big 3. The ones who are open about gouging the customers are getting the press, but it appears that shenanigans are going on at most dealers; some just hide it better than others.

I've got reservations on the Lightning, the Rivan RT1, and the Chevy Silverado EV.....we'll see which one delivers first. Even thought I drive a Tesla Model 3, I just can't pull the trigger on a Cybertruck and I'll be surprised if that thing hits the road before 2024.

Back