4 Hi, 4 Lo, 4 Auto

bencarl

Oct 17, 2023
Canada
Does the Lightning have user selectable 4 hi, 4 lo, 4 auto driving options? In non electric versions there has always been a dial.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Does the Lightning have user selectable 4 hi, 4 lo, 4 auto driving options? In non electric versions there has always been a dial.
Ummm, there isn’t a transmission, so no, it’s just AWD with 2 motors being controlled by the computer.

OP
B

bencarl

Oct 17, 2023
Canada
Ummm, there isn’t a transmission, so no, it’s just AWD with 2 motors being controlled by the computer.
Thanks. Wonder how the truck will handle in a lot of snow. Usually I'll toggle between 4 hi Nd 4 auto. Hoping computer will handle things well.

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Thanks. Wonder how the truck will handle in a lot of snow. Usually I'll toggle between 4 hit people that Nd 4 auto. Hoping computer will handle things well.
I have seen a number of videos of people that drive in the snow with theirs and said it handles better than any ICE F-150 they have owned. I’m in PA and took delivery in Jan 23 and we never got any snow to test it out so I am hoping for that this season!

MR Fiso

Nov 26, 2023
Washington State
@bencarl - You ask an interesting question / and a good response to the other responses. I ponder how mine will perform as well. We don't typically see snow in a year where I am at in the Pacific Northwest, unless we have an amazingly lucky event. {Yes, other who live with it every winter, "amazingly lucky" is an absurd idea. But for us, 5 or 6 years without anything more than 1/8th of an inch is amazing for snow lovers}

So far, in the short time I have had it, I have never had reason to take it out of 'normal' driving mode. I don't live in the city, but I don't live down a gravel road (in the last 40 years)either. So, like you, I too wonder how it will work.

At 6,000 pounds (XR battery), I do not think I'll need to toss a couple bags of sand in the back to get traction. :ROFLMAO: