Adaptive Cruise Control

Archie

Jun 16, 2021
NY
So because I am a cheapskate, I plan on purchasing the "Pro" ie $40k truck.

Looking at the specs and limited info, Ford states that this truck will have "Standard Co-Pilot360 2.0 Driver Assist Technology."

Does this mean that adaptive cruise control will be standard or perhaps optional on the base truck?

There is no way I am buying this truck, even at a cheapo price without adaptive CC. Electric cars really should all have this feature.

Or do you think Ford is going to play games and make buyers pay for the XLT or Lariat in order to get this feature? The reason I ask this is because it doesn't say directly that the Pro version has adaptive CC on the marketing page for the Pro.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
It sure sounds like even the PRO is going to come with the Co-Pilot360 2.0 as standard!
Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 6.26.50 AM.png

OP
A

Archie

Jun 16, 2021
NY
It sure sounds like even the PRO is going to come with the Co-Pilot360 2.0 as standard!
View attachment 36

So unfortunately the marketing wizards at Ford use a lot of the same terminology to describe different but related features. Co-pilot360 2.0 sounds like adaptive course control and similar features, but unfortunately Ford's ACC is called "Co-pilot360 Assist+" (it really rolls of the tongue, doesn't it!).

The plain Co-Pilot360 is really a safety suite (auto high beams, backup and lane change warnings, auto braking etc). It is not adaptive cruise which is essential for me living in an urban area with lots of traffic.

Media reports seem to indicate that Ford is going to play games and try to force buyers to go with higher trim levels in order to get ACC, but time will tell because it is not really clear yet. I am not really interested in the "Blue cruise" semi-self driving feature. I don't think it or any of the self driving technologies from other automakers are ready for primetime yet.

If Ford does decide to play the up sale game with ACC, I am just going to ask for my deposit back and wait for more competitors to introduce their products. Also these EV trucks will likely improve and get cheaper in the coming years. GM will introduce their EV pickup probably in the next year or so.