Ford Lightning Financing incentives

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
I would seriously
Will Ford offer any finance incentive like 0% for 3 years
I would seriously doubt that on a brand new model. Just like financing offers usually exclude Shelbys. Ford will probably offer a crap 5%+ financing rate. They usually pair that with a few thousand in incentives which I'm not sure they will do at all on the Lightening when it releases. Best bet is to either take the 5% or whatever and immediately refinance(you don't have to wait the 3 months like they tell you to) at 2.9%. Or just get pre-approved before you go in at your local bank or CU.

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
With the volume of Lightning trucks that are on preorder, I doubt we'll see any incentives from Ford.

I just checked with my local credit union and they are offering 1.90% for 66 months.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
With the volume of Lightning trucks that are on preorder, I doubt we'll see any incentives from Ford.

I just checked with my local credit union and they are offering 1.90% for 66 mo
What is balloon Financing

MacMike

Jun 18, 2021
Texas
I'm sure they will offer something based close to what is offered for the Mustang Mach-E. I bought mine at 0.9% for 48 months. They also offer 1.9% for 60 months. They also have some leasing plans. This is from Ford Credit.

corytx69

Aug 4, 2021
Texas
I saw there would be an option to do all the purchasing / financing directly online with Ford - if one did that, how is the down payment collected? They aren't going let people slap down their credit card. Did anyone purchase a Mach-E completely online when it was ready? - if so how did it work

fryguy_pa

Aug 12, 2021
Northampton, PA
I heard that they were going to offer balloon financing just like the Mach-e.
I would expect to see the Ford Options plan made available for this truck as well. Give us a "lease-like" option while allowing us to claim the federal tax rebate and have the option of turning the truck in at the end or paying the balloon payment.

M3Master

May 22, 2021
Austin, TX
I would expect to see the Ford Options plan made available for this truck as well. Give us a "lease-like" option while allowing us to claim the federal tax rebate and have the option of turning the truck in at the end or paying the balloon payment.
It's interesting that there is legislation floating around putting the limit at $40k. Another one putting the limit at $80k and yet more paperwork limiting the income of the buyer. All this done after the President was pushing incentives for buying EVs while driving the Lightning prototype. I don't want to start any political talk...just found it ironic.

Because the Lightning may be excluded from so many tax incentives now, I really hope Ford does make more financing options available when the time comes. They would almost have to make these known at the time you place the order.

corytx69

Aug 4, 2021
Texas
Its been mentioned that the Lightning buying experience could be similar to that of the Mach-E . A user over in the Mach-E forum (macchiaz-o) posted this excel spreadsheet to help budget planning. Use at your own risk. He did a great job of including the Ford Options pricing models. I found it useful to help me try to figure out where I want my payments to fall. Modify the colored cells as you need.

corytx69

Aug 4, 2021
Texas
Its been mentioned that the Lightning buying experience could be similar to that of the Mach-E . A user over in the Mach-E forum (macchiaz-o) posted this excel spreadsheet to help budget planning. Use at your own risk. He did a great job of including the Ford Options pricing models. I found it useful to help me try to figure out where I want my payments to fall. Modify the colored cells as you need.
I wasnt able to attach the excel sheet. My permission in the forum ?

astricklin123

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas
The biggest question with the ford option plan for the lightning will be what is the residual. I would expect early on the residual will be fairly high as there's a good chance they will be sold out of production 3 years or more.