charge station pro can't connect to internet

jeff

Jan 13, 2022
Ellensburg, WA
Got my charge station pro and had it installed by a licensed electrician. Blue light on front of unit is lit. Plugged it into truck, seems to charge ok. Downloaded the Charge station pro app and followed the instructions to connect to the internet and the Ford Pass app. It successfully connects to my network (is listed as one of the available networks) but cannot connect to the internet. Called Ford and spoke to a person who seemed to be quite knowledgeable. We went through the process many times, even shutting off the breaker to reboot the charge station, rebooted my network, rebooted my phone, each time with the same result, no internet. There seems to be plenty of wifi signal as all of the bars are lit. The person at ford was concerned that my wifi might not be 2.4 Ghz, but I checked and found that it is. I am somewhat concerned that my antivirus software might be the problem and I'm now waiting for a callback from them. I'm hoping someone here has an idea what I might do to successfully connect. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Got my charge station pro and had it installed by a licensed electrician. Blue light on front of unit is lit. Plugged it into truck, seems to charge ok. Downloaded the Charge station pro app and followed the instructions to connect to the internet and the Ford Pass app. It successfully connects to my network (is listed as one of the available networks) but cannot connect to the internet. Called Ford and spoke to a person who seemed to be quite knowledgeable. We went through the process many times, even shutting off the breaker to reboot the charge station, rebooted my network, rebooted my phone, each time with the same result, no internet. There seems to be plenty of wifi signal as all of the bars are lit. The person at ford was concerned that my wifi might not be 2.4 Ghz, but I checked and found that it is. I am somewhat concerned that my antivirus software might be the problem and I'm now waiting for a callback from them. I'm hoping someone here has an idea what I might do to successfully connect. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sorry, I don’t immediately have any great ideas how to fix it, but I can say with high confidence that it isn’t your antivirus software causing the issue. That is a common “finger pointer” by help desk and support people. And in this case, the AV software isn’t on the charger, so unlikely culprit.

Jimbalf

Sep 5, 2021
Austin, TX
I have the same issue. My CSP can’t see my home WiFi. The help line guy had me try rebooting, etc and finally admitted he’s had a few of these cases and would initiate sending me a replacement unit. We will see if it arrives and fixes the issue.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I had the same issue for 5 days. I just kept doing all the things they said but did not help. What I did was first turn off the breaker to the charger then unplug your WiFi wait 10 minutes then turn on the breaker wait 2 or 3 minutes then plug in the WiFi wait 2 minutes and try the apps each time I did this I could get further in to the apps before it would hang up but after 5 time of doing this It worked. but it had to be done in that sequence. I hope this works for you. when you turn on the breaker the charger starts looking for the internet then when your WiFi comes up It will see it pop up

NoBananasOnboard

Apr 2, 2023
NJ
I Installed mine in August, couldn't get it onto the Wifi. Called support, they were clueless, so I gave up on that feature.

It has been working just fine as a "dumb" charger. That said - I have 100a available, but had to derate the charger using the dial on the motherboard as when set to 80a, it would trip out on temperature.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I Installed mine in August, couldn't get it onto the Wifi. Called support, they were clueless, so I gave up on that feature.

It has been working just fine as a "dumb" charger. That said - I have 100a available, but had to derate the charger using the dial on the motherboard as when set to 80a, it would trip out on temperature.
My apps works but i set it to charge to 90 and it allway charges to 100% so i went in to the truck screen and changed it to 90 and that worked but you have to do it every time i charge

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
My apps works but i set it to charge to 90 and it allway charges to 100% so i went in to the truck screen and changed it to 90 and that worked but you have to do it every time i charge
You may want to check your charging settings in the app. I have the 90% threshold set on mine but it will only honor that if I have the “Use preferred charge settings” selected:

IMG_4241.jpeg

If I use the “Charge when plugged in” it will always take the charge to 100%.

Hope this helps.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
You may want to check your charging settings in the app. I have the 90% threshold set on mine but it will only honor that if I have the “Use preferred charge settings” selected:

If I use the “Charge when plugged in” it will always take the charge to 100%.

Hope this helps.

eric16l

Mar 12, 2023
USA
Hey @frunk

Many people have had this problem. Here is how to fix this with your truck ON:
1. On your truck's main screen, go into Settings
2. Go to Charge
3. Scroll down to Charging Locations (make sure it is turned on)
4. Tap the pencil icon
5. Click Add New Location
6. Add your home address and/or work address (wherever you want it to only charge to 90%)
7. Set the charge parameters for this location such as start/end time and max charge. Start and end time you can leave at Charge Anytime unless you have an electric rate plan that gets cheaper at night. Then it may be worth setting those parameters.

That's it! Had to do some digging a few weeks ago when I ran into the same problem.

The intent of the 'One Time Charge Limit' option in the Charge screen is for when you need to charge above that limit for things like road trips where you want a full charge before you head out.

I hope this helps.