Commercial Fleet Ford EV Tour

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Has anyone signed up for the Ford EV Tour?

ford-ev-tour.png

"Please join us for an exclusive, in-depth exploration and ride experience with the newest Ford electrified commercial vehicles!
Nearly every industry is facing a time of change when it comes to electrification. At Ford, we want to help you make that transition and transform your business with electric vehicles and solutions that help increase productivity and profitability.

This multi-city tour will provide you with an opportunity to take a deep-dive into the All-New 2022MY F-150 Lightning Pro and 2022MY E-Transit and see how they can transform the way you do business. You will also spend time learning how these vehicles are designed to help businesses reduce operating costs and maximize uptime."

For more information, visit: https://forddrivetour.com/EV/

OP
wired

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Tour dates below:

CHARLOTTE AUG. 16-17
ATLANTA AUG. 19-20
DETROIT AUG. 23-24
CHICAGO AUG. 26-27
PHOENIX SEP. 1-2
LOS ANGELES SEP. 8-9
SAN FRANCISCO SEP. 13-14
SEATTLE SEP. 17
DENVER SEP. 21
KANSAS CITY SEP. 24
DAYTONA SEP. 28-29
WASHINGTON DC OCT. 4-5
NEW YORK OCT. 7-8
BOSTON OCT. 11-12
PHILADELPHIA OCT. 14-15
DALLAS OCT. 20-21
HOUSTON OCT. 27-28

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Looks like this tour is for commercial fleet buyers.
Yes you are right. I just tried to get tickets and it won't let me I have to be a dealer or Ford employee to get in but it was a nice try so Thanks for the effort and lets all keep looking and hoping they send it around to let the buyer see it .

Theblunden

Aug 17, 2021
Charlotte, NC
I went to the Charlotte event on Aug 16th I am not a dealer or commercial customer I can tell you about 95% of the people weren't either. The show floor "Platinum" was locked up and only the bed and frunk was able to be touched/viewed. The had the stripped down rolling chassis on site and one of each tier as a test ride unit..... It was a great test ride heavy rain with puddles everywhere. The take off from a complete stop to the twist and turns not once was traction was lost or tire skid. Amazing ride

Attachments

• IMG_20210816_170039.jpg
    IMG_20210816_170039.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20210816_171244.jpg
    IMG_20210816_171244.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20210816_171033.jpg
    IMG_20210816_171033.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20210816_171057.jpg
    IMG_20210816_171057.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20210816_170225.jpg
    IMG_20210816_170225.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20210816_165319.jpg
    IMG_20210816_165319.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 163

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I went to the Charlotte event on Aug 16th I am not a dealer or commercial customer I can tell you about 95% of the people weren't either. The show floor "Platinum" was locked up and only the bed and frunk was able to be touched/viewed. The had the stripped down rolling chassis on site and one of each tier as a test ride unit..... It was a great test ride heavy rain with puddles everywhere. The take off from a complete stop to the twist and turns not once was traction was lost or tire skid. Amazing ride
That's great news It gives me hope. I will go to the one in Dallas and Houston and see if I can get in Oct. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
wired

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA

Welcome to the forum @Theblunden 🍻 Thanks for sharing your experience & photos of the event!

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
two F-150 Lightning trucks in warehouse

FACTS, QUESTIONS & ANSWERS​

CLOSE

WHAT ARE THE COVID RESTRICTIONS?​

WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?​

HOW EARLY DO I NEED TO ARRIVE BEFORE THE SESSION STARTS?​

We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled event.

HOW LONG WILL I BE ON CAMPUS?​

From the time you begin the check in process through completion of the experience should be no longer than 150 minutes.

WILL FOOD BE PROVIDED?​

No. Food will not be provided during the event.

HOW OLD MUST I BE TO DRIVE A VEHICLE DURING THE TRAINING?​

You must be at least 16 years of age and present a valid driver’s license.

IF THERE IS INCLEMENT WEATHER, WILL THE EVENT BE CANCELED?​

A little rain will not stop the show! Just remember to wear your rain gear.

ARE WALK-INS ALLOWED?​

Yes, but if a training session is already full upon your arrival, you run the risk of not being able to participate. Please contact Program Headquarters via email at [email protected]. We will do our very best to help you attend a session.

CAN I BRING A GUEST?​

Every attendee must register for the event. No unregistered spouses, significant others, friends, or children are permitted at the event. Pets (other than service animals) are not permitted at the event.

ARE SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED? FOR INSTANCE, IF I CANNOT ATTEND, MAY I SEND A COLLEAGUE OR COWORKER INSTEAD?​

Yes. Please remind him or her to tell the on-site registration staff about the substitution during the check-in process to guarantee their spot.

Ford oval logo

If you have any questions, problems registering, or need assistance regarding this program, please email [email protected].
Privacy StatementCA Privacy Statement

I got registered For the Houston show i signed up as a contractor and had to sign my wife up as a contractor to so she can go with me. I am posting the Q and A

Last edited:

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
Has anyone signed up for the Ford EV Tour?

View attachment 88

"Please join us for an exclusive, in-depth exploration and ride experience with the newest Ford electrified commercial vehicles!
Nearly every industry is facing a time of change when it comes to electrification. At Ford, we want to help you make that transition and transform your business with electric vehicles and solutions that help increase productivity and profitability.

This multi-city tour will provide you with an opportunity to take a deep-dive into the All-New 2022MY F-150 Lightning Pro and 2022MY E-Transit and see how they can transform the way you do business. You will also spend time learning how these vehicles are designed to help businesses reduce operating costs and maximize uptime."

For more information, visit: https://forddrivetour.com/EV/
I just contacted the Ford team and they said...it is encouraged that commercial customers sign up. To me, that means it's not completely out for us customers. So I signed up in Los Angeles. It's worth a try to get an early look.