Dealer branding on the lightning

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
stop by me dealer this week to look around and spoke to my salesperson on my reservation. I told him I did not want the dealer branding on this truck. He said all trucks come with the branding. Is this normal if someone ask not to have dealer branding on a truck?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Dealers like to advertise you got the truck from them. The dealer puts that on with a sticker that can be pulled off as soon as you sign the papers or on a license plate bracket holder. but that can be removed to. I have as them not to in the past and they did not.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
stop by me dealer this week to look around and spoke to my salesperson on my reservation. I told him I did not want the dealer branding on this truck. He said all trucks come with the branding. Is this normal if someone ask not to have dealer branding on a truck?
Dealer branding is simply not done in my area. I would never accept it in a million years. If your dealer is insisting on placing an unwanted placard on your truck, it’s time to change dealers. Once you find a dealer willing to skip branding your vehicle (and hopefully agreeing not to charge more than MSRP), you can change dealers on your reservation by calling Ford corporate. You will NOT lose your reservation timestamp.

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
It's time to change dealers especially if they insist on putting their branding on the truck.

Dangle

Oct 1, 2021
Iowa
Dealer branding is simply not done in my area. I would never accept it in a million years. If your dealer is insisting on placing an unwanted placard on your truck, it’s time to change dealers. Once you find a dealer willing to skip branding your vehicle (and hopefully agreeing not to charge more than MSRP), you can change dealers on your reservation by calling Ford corporate. You will NOT lose your reservation timestamp.
Can we still change dealerships after placing our order? I haven’t reached out to my local dealer yet but planning on reaching out soon and hoping they will do at least MSRP. Just wondering what happens if a dealer decides to change their tune after you order your Lightning.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Can we still change dealerships after placing our order? I haven’t reached out to my local dealer yet but planning on reaching out soon and hoping they will do at least MSRP. Just wondering what happens if a dealer decides to change their tune after you order your Lightning.
Ask them before the order window to commit to MSRP, and no dealer add-ons. If they won't, change your dealer BEFORE ordering. The order locks you into the dealer.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Once you have signed your order with the dealer its over that is what you will pay. When you make up your order it over no one can change it. Then when the truck come in you can buy it or change your mind and not buy it.

Dangle

Oct 1, 2021
Iowa
Ask them before the order window to commit to MSRP, and no dealer add-ons. If they won't, change your dealer BEFORE ordering. The order locks you into the dealer.
Thank you for the info. Is this a verbal agreement with dealer or are people going as far as having purchase agreements this far in advance? Otherwise what’s stopping dealer from demanding more once it comes in? I live in a small town so I don’t think a local dealer would do that, but wondering if I should have a more documented pricing agreement before committing to buy.

Unrelated topic. This would be my first BEV. I realize Lightnings should qualify for fed tax credit but obviously that will be applied to your taxes at the end of the year. How does it work if I buy a lightning while Ford still qualifies for credit and then before the end of the year Ford hits their 200,000 cap. Do I get some sort of certificate saying my purchase qualifies for the credit so that my access to it during tax time is secured? Thanks.

Dangle

Oct 1, 2021
Iowa
Once you have signed your order with the dealer its over that is what you will pay. When you make up your order it over no one can change it. Then when the truck come in you can buy it or change your mind and not buy it.
Appreciate the heads up. I better get in touch with my dealer soon to feel them out about it.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
If not a license plate bezel (or surround), then the sticker is easy to remove. I use microfiber towels and a degumming cleaning after I have peeled the actual sticker off with my fingers leaving just an adhesive residue. That keeps from scratching or "scouring" the surface. ...then it's like it never happened. Really just takes maybe 5-10 minutes moving at a casual pace.