Ordering Question

WSM1258

Sep 10, 2021
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Being that I am probably last on the list with number 11140169. Can anyone tell me how the next step of ordering works? Is it going to be first on the reservation list gets to order first? Does anyone know how these random reservation numbers work? And one last question once the orders start to be placed which ones will be built first? The Platinum model being the most expensive or the Lariat model one of the most popular models? Then what will it be based on this week we are going to build all Oxford White ones? Sure wish we had some of these questions answered.

Thanks for any information as I am new to this Forum thing. Sorry if these questions have been asked a thousand times.

Whitetiburon

Jul 11, 2021
Being that I am probably last on the list with number 11140169. Can anyone tell me how the next step of ordering works? Is it going to be first on the reservation list gets to order first? Does anyone know how these random reservation numbers work? And one last question once the orders start to be placed which ones will be built first? The Platinum model being the most expensive or the Lariat model one of the most popular models? Then what will it be based on this week we are going to build all Oxford White ones? Sure wish we had some of these questions answered.

Thanks for any information as I am new to this Forum thing. Sorry if these questions have been asked a thousand times.
We just don't know the answer to how the reservations are going to be used. In terms of the ordering, I spoke with the Ford rep on the Lightning tour and he told me that Ford will be contacting reservation holders in November or December to place their order. He said the deposit will be $500 and that they should be rolling off the line by mid 2022.

Last edited:

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
if you don't get the Lariat premium you don't get the 80 amp inboard power supply to run your house. Am I reading this right. ALso some where wanting to get the 80 amp charge for the standard range battery but it looks like that will not charge that battery any faster.
(Corrected )

Finally, Ford is including an 80-amp home charger called Charge
Station Pro as standard with the extended-range battery; the company
has partnered with Sunrun to handle installation. This charger will
add about 30 miles (48 km) of range per hour, with a 15–100 percent
charge time of just eight hours. (The 80-amp charger will not charge a
standard-range F-150 Lightning any faster than the 48-amp charger.)

Lariat Premium Package: +$12,000 over Lariat (Starts at $79,474)

Extended-range battery ONLY
Includes same powertrain and features as Lariat, plus:
563 horsepower / 775 lb-ft torque (dual motor 4×4)
7,700-pound towing capacity (10,000 pounds with Max Trailer Tow Package)
Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0 with BlueCruise hands-free highway driving
Phone-as-a-key
Trailer brake and hitch assist
80-amp onboard power supply (capable of being a household generator in
emergencies)
Lockable, partitioned fold-flat rear storage
Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory controls
Heated second-row seats
Twin-panel moonroof

Last edited:

goose2

Sep 1, 2021
Idaho
I have been told by two different sources, one being Ford CS. They both said that Ford will go by the order your reservation was put in. If that’s true and you are one of the later ones it may not happen for you for awhile.

OP
W

WSM1258

Sep 10, 2021
Waukesha, Wisconsin
I have been told by two different sources, one being Ford CS. They both said that Ford will go by the order your reservation was put in. If that’s true and you are one of the later ones it may not happen for you for awhile.
So what your saying is I may be lucky to see this vehicle by 2025 according to Ford projected production Numbers. Maybe and again I say maybe 15,000 vehicles being produced the first year. Not my numbers these are direct from Ford.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
So what your saying is I may be lucky to see this vehicle by 2025 according to Ford projected production Numbers. Maybe and again I say maybe 15,000 vehicles being produced the first year. Not my numbers these are direct from Ford.
It appears that the reservation numbers started around 10,813,000, so with 11,140,169 you may be 327,169 on the list. Just in time for the new battery pack that should come in 2025.

[edit] Actually, on June 10 Ford said they had 100,000 orders even though the reservation numbers had already increased by 180,000. They converted 2/3 of the Bronco reservations into orders. If that ratio is the same for the Lightning, then about 66,000 orders will be placed for on 180,000 increase in reservation numbers or about 37%. So there may be about 121,000 orders placed before they get to your reservation number.

Last edited:

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
It appears that the reservation numbers started around 10,813,000, so with 11,140,169 you may be 327,169 on the list. Just in time for the new battery pack that should come in 2025.

[edit] Actually, on June 10 Ford said they had 100,000 orders even though the reservation numbers had already increased by 180,000. They converted 2/3 of the Bronco reservations into orders. If that ratio is the same for the Lightning, then about 66,000 orders will be placed for on 180,000 increase in reservation numbers or about 37%. So there may be about 121,000 orders placed before they get to your reservation number.
These numbers don’ t make sense to me. I place my reservation 48 hours after they went live and my number is close to 10,913,000. That puts me around 103,000th in line. Ford stated at the time that there were about 40,000 orders after two days. Maybe they are reserving a bunch of trucks for big fleet purchasers. I hope not.

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
I not sure but i think i read (in this forum) the reservations were done in regions so there are different prefixes. Im sure there is a reason Ford made the reservation process so confusing no one can actually figure it out. It works to their advantage. I registered the morning of day three when they were saying they had around 15,000. Im 100% sure I will convert my order into a firm order.

OP
W

WSM1258

Sep 10, 2021
Waukesha, Wisconsin
These numbers don’ t make sense to me. I place my reservation 48 hours after they went live and my number is close to 10,913,000. That puts me around 103,000th in line. Ford stated at the time that there were about 40,000 orders after two days. Maybe they are reserving a bunch of trucks for big fleet purchasers. I hope not.
Well I can tell you I am not waiting 4 years. I don’t care if it drives on water. I am beginning to think Ford did not handle this very well. Not to mention I have now seen several commercials advertising the new F150 Lightning. How can they continue to take more orders when they won’t even get the existing orders out until as you are telling me until 2025? It’s fine if they want to advertise and take orders but they should be putting a disclaimer in their advertising…. OH BY THE WAY, YOU MAY SEE THIS VEHICLE IN 4 or 5 YEARS.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
I think the system creates a new number when someone starts filling out the form, but Ford does not count it as a reservation until the form is completed and they receive the $100. That would explain why the numbers increased faster than the reservation count.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Those numbers may be accurate, but they are not direct from Ford. They come (originally) from a Reuters article that did not name its sources. Could be completely made up, for all we know. Wait until Ford actually announces numbers before panicking.

Also, once again for the folks in the back: Reservation numbers are NOT sequential. You absolutely cannot compare your number to someone else's and determine where you are in line. The only thing that matters is the timestamp of your reservation, which Ford has down to the thousandth of a second.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
Also, once again for the folks in the back: Reservation numbers are NOT sequential. You absolutely cannot compare your number to someone else's and determine where you are in line. The only thing that matters is the timestamp of your reservation, which Ford has down to the thousandth of a second.
I created a scatter plot of the reservation dates and numbers from this forum's reservation list. There are some outliers in the first month, but looking across several months there is a correlation between the reservation date and number.

chart.png

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
I created a scatter plot of the reservation dates and numbers from this forum's reservation list. There are some outliers in the first month, but looking across several months there is a correlation between the reservation date and number.

View attachment 116
Correlation, yes. But they are not precise and you cannot determine your place in line by them. If Ford truly is sticking close to reservation order as some reps are claiming at present, they will be using the timestamps.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Each person that placed an order was allowed to reserve 4 trucks so maybe if you only ordered 1 truck then they skip 3 number before starting a new reservation number

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Each person that placed an order was allowed to reserve 4 trucks so maybe if you only ordered 1 truck then they skip 3 number before starting a new reservation number
Maybe but probably unlikely. These order numbers have some other code going on that we just cannot figure out unless they give us more information. If Ford had more than 130,000 already reserved they would announce that higher number. They are competing for the press coverage with Rivian and Tesla’s truck numbers. It looks good for them to announce as many pre orders as possible for their stock market valuation.

OP
W

WSM1258

Sep 10, 2021
Waukesha, Wisconsin
I read your response. Thanks I guess you’re right. No need in panicking. So does anyone know when they are going to actually start taking the orders or how that process will work? I am getting little information from the dealer.

v2hman

Aug 29, 2021
tucson

View attachment 116
Is there anywhere you can get the number of reservations at the beginning or end of each day, at least?