Dealer Contacted Me

dcreeron

Feb 7, 2022
I got a text from my dealer today asking if I was still interested in the Lightning. Seems they have 4 allocations that aren't spoken for, Lariat Extended Range. They offered them up to everyone on their list I guess, first come first serve.

I just bought a 2022 F-150 XLT Powerboost back during the President's Day sale in mid-February. I figured my chance at a 2022 Lightning was very low, so the Powerboost was my "wait until the 2023 or 2024 models".

The dealer did say that if we weren't interested in these allocations then we'd have to contact Ford to extend our reservations until 2023 to keep our place.

I'm thinking at this point I'm going to pass on the 2022 and wait for the '23/'24; let them work out the kinks and maybe switch over to the next-gen platform. I think they'd hose me on the trade-in, and it would be another $20K over the price of the Powerboost.

What to do, what to do?!?! lol.

johnneyonetime

Sep 17, 2021
Deltona
I got a text from my dealer today asking if I was still interested in the Lightning. Seems they have 4 allocations that aren't spoken for, Lariat Extended Range. They offered them up to everyone on their list I guess, first come first serve.

I just bought a 2022 F-150 XLT Powerboost back during the President's Day sale in mid-February. I figured my chance at a 2022 Lightning was very low, so the Powerboost was my "wait until the 2023 or 2024 models".

The dealer did say that if we weren't interested in these allocations then we'd have to contact Ford to extend our reservations until 2023 to keep our place.

I'm thinking at this point I'm going to pass on the 2022 and wait for the '23/'24; let them work out the kinks and maybe switch over to the next-gen platform. I think they'd hose me on the trade-in, and it would be another $20K over the price of the Powerboost.

What to do, what to do?!?! lol.
I got a phone call yesterday from my dealer saying essentially the same thing. I’m jumping on the 511-A as soon as I get the email from Ford.

OP
D

dcreeron

Feb 7, 2022
I got a phone call yesterday from my dealer saying essentially the same thing. I’m jumping on the 511-A as soon as I get the email from Ford.
Did the dealer tell you they'd do something so that you get the email from Ford? I looked at my account/reservation and nothing seems to have changed.

I'm assuming once people accept the open allocation(s) that the dealer flips a switch or something and that triggers the Ford email/account update.

johnneyonetime

Sep 17, 2021
Deltona
Did the dealer tell you they'd do something so that you get the email from Ford? I looked at my account/reservation and nothing seems to have changed.

I'm assuming once people accept the open allocation(s) that the dealer flips a switch or something and that triggers the Ford email/account update.
Yes, dealer had to notify Ford that I was onboard. So far my reservation status remains unchanged on ford.com
Dealer says I have to order online and then come in and sign some paperwork by 6/10.

OP
D

dcreeron

Feb 7, 2022
Just went to the dealer to find out more about the available allocations. They claim the 4 allocations were claimed within 20 minutes of the text going out. They said there were 16 people interested.

Not sure why they couldn't just send a follow-up text saying, "all spoken for", but oh well.

I'm going to call Ford and extend my reservation to 2023.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
I think 'available units' is referring to Ford's commodity availability to build a certain number more of the Lariat Extended range trims. For instance, they may have initially showed the Lariat 'sold out' for 2022 maybe because they did not have the expected commodity products, technology, and parts to build anymore until the 2023 timeframe arrived - they may have now received those items and have a certain number of available Lariats to build within 2022 time constraints.
This is simply Ford's way of saying to reservation holders who might want the Lariat ER trim to be able to jump in and get a 2022 model at the last minute.

johnneyonetime

Sep 17, 2021
Deltona
I think 'available units' is referring to Ford's commodity availability to build a certain number more of the Lariat Extended range trims. For instance, they may have initially showed the Lariat 'sold out' for 2022 maybe because they did not have the expected commodity products, technology, and parts to build anymore until the 2023 timeframe arrived - they may have now received those items and have a certain number of available Lariats to build within 2022 time constraints.
This is simply Ford's way of saying to reservation holders who might want the Lariat ER trim to be able to jump in and get a 2022 model at the last minute.
Plausible theory and I’m not surprised they went quickly.
I’d be shocked if MSRP doesn’t increase significantly for the 2023

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
MSRP probably will go up, undoubtedly. I imagine many reservation holders will bristle when it does. But now we're hearing rumors of ER packs being short, it's becoming a little crazy as we near the end of the 2022 model build year, at least by what Ford is doing with the schedule. Mine was originally 5/30 for the PRO SR, but now has been pushed back so many times I'm about ready to give up, to 7/25 week, when the summer will then be over for 'camping' trips. My planned camping travel will now entail a rented Enterprise F250, which is a gas guzzler - the 'Free charging at the campground' theory just went out the window!
When Ford sent me an update showing the original 5/30 build week, and having no reason to believe otherwise, I sold two of our older vehicles, leaving only our new Kia Sorento PHEV plug-in hybrid. We've now been without a second vehicle since Easter week, and it looks like we'll be waiting ANOTHER 4-6 weeks before 'maybe' a Lightning lands in my driveway. That's a lot of 'shuffling' around to make work commutes and travel with a camper work, especially when the Kia doesn't tow!

E-ME LATER

Jun 11, 2022
MONTEREY
Received call this week from the dealer I'm work with for my Lightning. He said they have a Lightning available. I had to have my build a minimum of Lariat & Extended Range. Though also I had to accept there addition over the MSRP of my build of $15,000. Is this allowed and can anyone add to this highway robbery?
Please understand I have a reservation, and Ford Company informed me that my reservation did not fit their 2022 build allotment.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
sounds like you have the option to jump in and get a Lariat ER, otherwise, hold on to your reservation for when the 2023's open up, supposedly next month sometime, if you are in wave 1 of that... yes, any dealer can choose to charge anything they wish, but if you've not yet ordered, then you have the option to choose ANOTHER dealer when you do.

idmclean13

Sep 16, 2021
Vermont
I got same phone call. Had to be lariat and ex. Now like others I have a 2022 Volvo S40 recharge. But I believe I can sell it for what I paid for it. market hot for ev

luebri

Jun 13, 2022
Wisconsin
I got the surprise call on 6/9. Had to be a Lariat ER, which is exactly what I wanted! They said I should see the email from Ford in coming days to complete the order selections. I have not seen that yet... did anybody that got this call get the order email yet?

johnneyonetime

Sep 17, 2021
Deltona
I got the surprise call on 6/9. Had to be a Lariat ER, which is exactly what I wanted! They said I should see the email from Ford in coming days to complete the order selections. I have not seen that yet... did anybody that got this call get the order email yet?
Not yet but expect to see it this week.

luebri

Jun 13, 2022
Wisconsin
just got me email as well. Correct, only lariat and er as expected. Order screen did state "estimated delivery summer 2022" which surprised me. I hope that is the case!

johnneyonetime

Sep 17, 2021
Deltona
just got me email as well. Correct, only lariat and er as expected. Order screen did state "estimated delivery summer 2022" which surprised me. I hope that is the case!
Submitted order and paid $500 deposit. Star White Metallic Tri-Coat and Max Trailer Tow Package.
Sign papers 6/16 at Mullinax Ford
New Smyrna Beach, FL

idmclean13

Sep 16, 2021
Vermont
Went to dealer to see if my order was all good. He said yes they got info from ford on my order. Told me that they were given 5 lariat but only had 3 that wanted it. Told me that Ford got a bunch of parts for lariat.
Ordered

Lariat Atlas blue, extended range and spray on liner. That's all of it