Electrify America announces huge expansion with 1,800 stations and 10,000 chargers

Electrify-America-station-hero-e1626180076644.jpg

Electrify America is announcing the doubling of its charging network through 2025 with 10,000 chargers at 1,800 fast-charging stations in the US and Canada. While Electrify America was started through the EPA and CARB forcing Volkswagen to spend $2 billion on EV charging infrastructure in the US, the result is that Volkswagen now has the top fast-charging network open to all electric vehicles in the US.

It was expected that the company would go beyond its required investment and keep developing its network, which could soon turn into a big business as more electric vehicles are being deployed in the US. Today, Electrify America is announcing what it calls its “Boost Plan,” which consists of a doubling of its charger deployment plan.

Giovanni Palazzo, president and chief executive officer of Electrify America, commented:

“We have decided to double our current charging infrastructure in North America over the next four years to help meet the need for the rapid growth expected of electric vehicles by virtually all the auto manufacturers, and to help make EV adoption more accessible and attractive than ever. We are making this commitment to support the plans by major automakers and the U.S. and Canadian governments to help the transformation to an electric mobility transportation system.”

Continue reading @ Electrk.co

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
This is great news! Since I'm now considering buying an EV truck I really want to tow and travel with it more than just doing in-town work. So having an expansive charging network will relieve some of my anxiety about traveling long distances while towing.

firefight04

Jun 26, 2021
Chicago
This is great news! Since I'm now considering buying an EV truck I really want to tow and travel with it more than just doing in-town work. So having an expansive charging network will relieve some of my anxiety about traveling long distances while towing.
No worries, take one long trip with the truck when you get it and range anxiety will be out the door. I have had my model S for 7 years now and range has not been on my mind since before my first trip from Chicago to Denver. Longest trip I took was Chicago to Las Vegas and back. Never had range anxiety, now if I have the 300-400 range that F150 will have, hell I will even forget what anxiety is.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
No worries, take one long trip with the truck when you get it and range anxiety will be out the door. I have had my model S for 7 years now and range has not been on my mind since before my first trip from Chicago to Denver. Longest trip I took was Chicago to Las Vegas and back. Never had range anxiety, now if I have the 300-400 range that F150 will have, hell I will even forget what anxiety is.
That's awesome! I really need to try it out so that I can go ahead and get it out of my mind and get into the 21st Century tech :cool: