F-150 Lightning First Mod?

Roxbury29

Oct 4, 2021
Indiana
Being Coil Springs and Crash bars are bolted on. I plan on 1-2" Level, (maybe a slightly more aggressive tire 33's) or just Level her. Tint and add to the B&O stereo and drive it!. Biggest mod will probably be getting the 80amp station wired into my house without it costing too much.
Also - Debadge the Lightning emblem from the Bed.

_or_ go the other way, lower the bed 1-2" to make it level and put some wider tires and make it look old school Lightning ? hmmm

LEHuskey

Sep 9, 2021
Washington
I'd like a matching canopy and bed rug. That way I can throw a sleeping bag back there and spend the night in the woods or at the lake. I had them on my old Ram 1500 with the 5.5' bed. It was bit uncomfortable, but I really enjoyed the simplicity of it.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
I'd like a matching canopy and bed rug. That way I can throw a sleeping bag back there and spend the night in the woods or at the lake. I had them on my old Ram 1500 with the 5.5' bed. It was bit uncomfortable, but I really enjoyed the simplicity of it.
Did that for years with my Tacoma with 6' bed. Even then, my head would touch the front wall and my feet the tailgate, so I don't think there's any roughing it in the Lightning in my future. Not to mention, the wife won't go that primitive. But I plan to build a nice little teardrop trailer soon. I'll make it as light and as slick as possible to reduce the hit to range, but we also don't have to travel far to camp.

CondorActual

Oct 30, 2021
Sutton, MA
Ford engineers please design a system to allow “charging while driving” from solar panels/batteries/generators installed on travel trailers. This would offset the range loss towing causes.
I want a tonneau cover that has solar panels built into it. My truck sits in a parking lot 8 hours a day - that's got to get me a few miles back if I have a cover with a pair of panels integrated into it.

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
Tinted windows
Weathertech Laser mats
Lightweight, better looking wheels
Window vents

Be careful tinting moonroofs and panoroofs. They can shatter with dark tint. I used Air80 ceramic on my pano in my Raptor and it worked like a charm.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Tinted windows
Weathertech Laser mats
Lightweight, better looking wheels
Window vents

Be careful tinting moonroofs and panoroofs. They can shatter with dark tint. I used Air80 ceramic on my pano in my Raptor and it worked like a charm.
Thanks I did not know that. I have always tented the moonroof with no problems but I keep my vehicle in a climate controlled garage. I will be using air 80 ceramic for now on.

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
Thanks I did not know that. I have always tented the moonroof with no problems but I keep my vehicle in a climate controlled garage. I will be using air 80 ceramic for now on.
Just last night my wife and I drove her Ford Edge to run an errand. When I got out of the car I noticed the pano was cracked just above her right passenger seat.

This pano wasn’t tinted but these roofs can be pesky and tint can contribute. I just do Air 80 to take out as much UV and infrared as possible… the 80% light transmission didn’t bother me.

My tiny guy told me that going darker risks the chances of roof fracture.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Just last night my wife and I drove her Ford Edge to run an errand. When I got out of the car I noticed the pano was cracked just above her right passenger seat.

This pano wasn’t tinted but these roofs can be pesky and tint can contribute. I just do Air 80 to take out as much UV and infrared as possible… the 80% light transmission didn’t bother me.

My tiny guy told me that going darker risks the chances of roof fracture.
I have been reading up on this. I have been putting ceramic coating on my vehicles to keep the paint from fading and I always put it on the windows. It always seemed a lot cooler so now I am wondering if that is all i need to do. Do you or anyone here knows for sure.

DrumReaper

Oct 25, 2021
Southeast USA
I have been reading up on this. I have been putting ceramic coating on my vehicles to keep the paint from fading and I always put it on the windows. It always seemed a lot cooler so now I am wondering if that is all i need to do. Do you or anyone here knows for sure.
I have never seen any solid science declaring whether ceramic paint coatings applied to windows filters out UVA/UVB/IR at what percentage, if any at all.

I do know that ceramic tint works absolutely effectively. I tint all my windows with ceramic and put Air80 on my windshield and panoroofs and it makes a considerable difference in cabin temps and A/C workload.

Eric

Oct 27, 2021
Connecticut
step 1: lower it 2f4r
step 2: complain about how much I hate the stock wheels
step 3: buy appropriate lightweight wheels

BurnsEBoy

Nov 10, 2021
Michigan
I will be ordering the Pro.
My first mod will be adding an aftermarket heated seats package for the michigan winters.
I will also add a rear box tonneau cover or cap, just beginning research, recommendations welcome.
Power deployed running boards are also under consideration..

OP
wired

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
I will be ordering the Pro.
My first mod will be adding an aftermarket heated seats package for the michigan winters.
I will also add a rear box tonneau cover or cap, just beginning research, recommendations welcome.
Power deployed running boards are also under consideration..

Welcome to the forum @BurnsEBoy 🍻 What covers/caps are you currently considering?

BurnsEBoy

Nov 10, 2021
Michigan
Welcome to the forum @BurnsEBoy 🍻 What covers/caps are you currently considering?
Thanks for the welcome, just starting the search for a rear cap, I like some of the more industrial and overland styles rather than the everyday LEER or ARE. Good news is I have time before the lightening is available…

pseudonym

Sep 16, 2021
MA
I'll be putting a cap on mine immediately too. I've done a lot of research and have settled on A.R.E. MX HD cap. That cap comes with an internal extruded-aluminum frame, increasing the roof load capacity and simplifying the mounting of an interior build-out (storage boxes, etc.).

Because I want a cap with a mid-high roof (slightly higher than the truck cab) that narrowed my options. RSI SmartCap and RLD Designs make stainless steel caps that are very appealing, but I"m going with the ARE because I'm prioritizing the mid-high roof.

I'm also likely to install a Zero Breeze air-conditioning unit inside the cap for my dog, as well as camping. I'm excited that the Lightning makes an entire category of electrical products are so much easier to incorporate.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I'll be putting a cap on mine immediately too. I've done a lot of research and have settled on A.R.E. MX HD cap. That cap comes with an internal extruded-aluminum frame, increasing the roof load capacity and simplifying the mounting of an interior build-out (storage boxes, etc.).

Because I want a cap with a mid-high roof (slightly higher than the truck cab) that narrowed my options. RSI SmartCap and RLD Designs make stainless steel caps that are very appealing, but I"m going with the ARE because I'm prioritizing the mid-high roof.

I'm also likely to install a Zero Breeze air-conditioning unit inside the cap for my dog, as well as camping. I'm excited that the Lightning makes an entire category of electrical products are so much easier to incorporate.
With the Lightning you can just run the A/C in the truck for your dog it is just like a refrigerator compressor just runs on A/C The truck don't need to be on.

pseudonym

Sep 16, 2021
MA
I'm getting the Pro, so the rear glass in the cab is fixed (no window), so if I have the dog in the bed, then I don't think I'll have a way to get the air to the cap... although I'd love to learn otherwise.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I'm getting the Pro, so the rear glass in the cab is fixed (no window), so if I have the dog in the bed, then I don't think I'll have a way to get the air to the cap... although I'd love to learn otherwise.
Ok I was thinking the dog would be inside the cab

Jreed

Oct 21, 2021
Los Angeles
I've had a line-x spray in bed liner in my 2011 F-150, ten years without any chipping and will be doing the same in my new Lightning.