Ford CEO talks about Tesla

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Interesting thoughts on Tesla from the Ford CEO.

“If Ford was a trillion-dollar company, our stock would be worth about $250 a share. Think about the value creation of Tesla right now. And they have resources, smart people, the Model 3 is now the bestselling vehicle in Europe. Not electric. Flat out. It was the bestselling vehicle in the UK. Most months, it’s the bestselling vehicle in California. Not just electric, but overall. If we’re going to succeed, we can’t ignore this competition anymore,” Farley said.

“Look at Tesla, why are they doing what they’re doing and what can we learn from them. First, they have a direct model … There’s no one in between. They make it so easy. Three or four clicks configuring the vehicle with not a lot of complexity to delivering it to the customer. Simple, non-negotiated pricing. A large reservation system as well as remote service.

“Second, Tesla maximizes use of electrons in the vehicle. No one does it better than they do. Their customers pay less for a better battery. …

“Third, the product itself is highly differentiated from the rest of the ICE field and complexity is tiny, compared to OEMs.”

IMG_4870.JPG

Last edited:
I just added the text from the story to the first post.
I think Ford better take Tesla seriously, the one huge advantage, in my humble opinion for Ford is their build quality. They've built vehicles forever! Tesla has fallen down a lot on the quality of their final build. Lot's of issues. Ford is way behind is on the tech, specifically self-driving. Blue Cruze is a long way away from Tesla FSD. Also, I wish their stock was at $250/share, I'd be sitting happy and ready to retire early!!

I think Ford better take Tesla seriously, the one huge advantage, in my humble opinion for Ford is their build quality. They've built vehicles forever! Tesla has fallen down a lot on the quality of their final build. Lot's of issues. Ford is way behind is on the tech, specifically self-driving. Blue Cruze is a long way away from Tesla FSD. Also, I wish their stock was at $250/share, I'd be sitting happy and ready to retire early!!
I do to and I am already retired. Ha! Ha!

Back