Ford Charge Station Pro

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
So it looks like the Ford Charge Station Pro is going to be new for the Lightning? The Mach-E fast-charging station costs $799 and it only offers 48-amps of charging power. Whereas, the Lightning Charge Station Pro is an 80-amp version. The 80-amp version comes with extended-range battery trucks as standard. Otherwise, every other series of Lightning comes with a 32-amp Ford Mobile Charger. Has anyone heard what the Pro Station will cost?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
So it looks like the Ford Charge Station Pro is going to be new for the Lightning? The Mach-E fast-charging station costs $799 and it only offers 48-amps of charging power. Whereas, the Lightning Charge Station Pro is an 80-amp version. The 80-amp version comes with extended-range battery trucks as standard. Otherwise, every other series of Lightning comes with a 32-amp Ford Mobile Charger. Has anyone heard what the Pro Station will cost?
It come with the extend-range battery no additional charge is the way I read it.

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
It come with the extend-range battery no additional charge is the way I read it.
It come with the extend-range battery no additional charge is the way I read it
How would one set up their outlet (in their home garage) for the Ford Charge Station Pro which apparently is coming standard with the extended battery F150 models and can handle 80 amps? This seems like a whole different animal than the 32 amp mobile charger that comes with the non extended battery versions.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
How would one set up their outlet (in their home garage) for the Ford Charge Station Pro which apparently is coming standard with the extended battery F150 models and can handle 80 amps? This seems like a whole different animal than the 32 amp mobile charger that comes with the non extended battery versions.
The Pro charge must be connected to a 60 Amp breaker. I thank I will use my welding outlet that way i can unplug it and take it with me when i visit my son he has a welding outlet so i can use it there to.

Nightryder

May 30, 2021
Louisiana
The Pro charge must be connected to a 60 Amp breaker. I thank I will use my welding outlet that way i can unplug it and take it with me when i visit my son he has a welding outlet so i can use it there to.
It's an 80 amp charger. Wouldn't it need to be connected to an 80 amp breaker?

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
The F-150 Lariat ER I took delivery of recommended a 100A circuit for the 80 amp charger, this is what my electrician configured.

It’s working quite well - under normal circumstances I will never need to visit a DC fast charger agian unless we are on a long haul trip.

It EASILY charges the vehicle quickly.
E0BA23E7-C471-4203-9B7A-4917B6738E9B.jpeg

We still have some drywall cleanup to do but waiting until he completes the other feature I asked him to install. He did our original backup generator whole house system with a port out back and a manual service cutoff switch in our main breaker. He will be adding a new generator port next to the charger in the garage (the grey stub in the picture) and a new transfer switch downstairs that ties into the original generator line back to the panel.

This will let me run the house from the 7.2 KW 240 twist lock in the bed of the truck instead of firing up my 6.5 KW gas generator - but provides the flexibility to do either, depending on my needs. This is one of the reasons I decided not to go for the more expensive Whole Home Backup option.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
On a different note, has anyone ever tried to use a Tesla adapter and charge at a Tesla super charger station?
I assume it will recognize it’s not a Tesla and just not work, but figured I would ask.