Ford Confirms Battery Fire Was Reason for Production Shutdown

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Well this is concerning:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ford-battery-fire-caused-lightning-production-stoppage

Hope we can get some details soon about what they found and if all vehicles are tested for the condition.
Yeah, mine has been sitting at the dealership for 9 days. The dealership is balking at the 5 and 4k price increase protections.
Now I am wondering if the hold up is due to this fire issue. I cannot fathom how a truck delivered 9 days ago is ok to sell if the current factory built trucks cannot be shipped yet.
A fire in one’s garage at night would be a disaster.

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Yeah, mine has been sitting at the dealership for 9 days. The dealership is balking at the 5 and 4k price increase protections.
Now I am wondering if the hold up is due to this fire issue. I cannot fathom how a truck delivered 9 days ago is ok to sell if the current factory built trucks cannot be shipped yet.
A fire in one’s garage at night would be a disaster.
How could Ford accept this kind of liability risk?

Ssob

Dec 17, 2021
Sterling
Doesn't instill confidence that those that have left the factory weren't exposed to the same root cause. For this to be true, something different must exist since those Lightnings left the factory, such as different material used, different manufacturing methods, different assembly procedures, different quality control measures, etc.

Wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of recall issued, at least to inspect for conditions of the root cause.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I will be charging my Lightning in the day time so I can watch it. I have fire alarms but I don't like being wake up just kidding I will be charging my truck outside in the drive way and not charging it more then 50%.

Last edited:

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
I think this is a wait and see for current owners. Interesting that it was a stop production/stop ship but not a stop sell for for vehicles on the lot. Hope to learn more soon. I hope Ford is being pro-active and on top of this and will update and not BS. We shall see.