Ford is sending out order forms

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Ford is sending out our order forms in early September and Will start production in late September They told me today on the phone.
Who is “they”? If you were talking to a dealer, it’s highly unlikely they have any real information yet. Most dealers don’t even know as much as those of us on this forum.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I called Ford Motor company again to verify what Ford told me yesterday and they ( Ford Motor Company ) confirmed that they will be send out info so we can convert our reservation to an order in September. They will be starting production In late September.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
I called Ford Motor company again to verify what Ford told me yesterday and they ( Ford Motor Company ) confirmed that they will be send out info so we can convert our reservation to an order in September. They will be starting production In late September.
Okay, that's better than a dealer, I guess. But if it was just whoever answers the phones in Dearborn, I would still take it with a huge grain of salt.

astricklin123

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas
I'll trust anything about ordering when I get communication from Ford directly. I can't imagine that they will give any details on ordering prior to notifying all current reservation holders. In other words, Dealers are going to find out the timing at the same time we do.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
This is BS now they tell me that they were talking about the 2021. They had gotten the chips so they were excerpting order again for the 2021. Maybe they are waiting tell they get through with the Lightning tour before they let use order

astricklin123

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas
This is BS now they tell me that they were talking about the 2021. They had gotten the chips so they were excerpting order again for the 2021. Maybe they are waiting tell they get through with the Lightning tour before they let use order
Reservation holders will get email communication from Ford directly about ordering. I would imagine at the same time or before they send information to dealers. If you have a reservation you will be able to complete your order online.
I wouldn't trust anything a dealer says about the F-150 lightning at this point in the game if the information cannot be found on the Ford website.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
Any word on if the order forms have been received by anyone? I only recently got my reservation in so I know I am not at the front of any list. Just curious. Would love to see the options and pricing for the Lariat/Platinum trims.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Any word on if the order forms have been received by anyone? I only recently got my reservation in so I know I am not at the front of any list. Just curious. Would love to see the options and pricing for the Lariat/Platinum trims.
Don't worry, you'll hear about it. We'll be very excited on this forum when the build & price tool and/or ordering system go live.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
Don't worry, you'll hear about it. We'll be very excited on this forum when the build & price tool and/or ordering system go live.
You are probably very right about that! I can imagine my email will explode that day from Ford updates, to my dealership reaching out, to forums notifications.

I ordered at a sort of our of the way dealership. So... kinda hoping that this will allow my late reservation to still allow me to be among the ones to get one next year some time with their initial allocation. It's a sizeable dealership... but out of the way.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
You are probably very right about that! I can imagine my email will explode that day from Ford updates, to my dealership reaching out, to forums notifications.

I ordered at a sort of our of the way dealership. So... kinda hoping that this will allow my late reservation to still allow me to be among the ones to get one next year some time with their initial allocation. It's a sizeable dealership... but out of the way.
Good luck!. I'm in a similar boat. I'm in Northern California, and most of the Lightnings sold here will be in Silicon Valley. I'm just on the other side of the coastal mountains in Santa Cruz. I don't know how many others have their order in with my dealer, but it'll definitely be a lot less than the dealerships over the hill.

I also ordered on the day of the announcement, so I'm hoping I'm #1 or #2 at my dealer.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
Good luck!. I'm in a similar boat. I'm in Northern California, and most of the Lightnings sold here will be in Silicon Valley. I'm just on the other side of the coastal mountains in Santa Cruz. I don't know how many others have their order in with my dealer, but it'll definitely be a lot less than the dealerships over the hill.

I also ordered on the day of the announcement, so I'm hoping I'm #1 or #2 at my dealer.
North GA here. So... same-ish. ...but I'd imagine Silicone Valley alone has more reservations than all of GA!

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
What makes you think ford is going to mail out order forms. Where are you getting that information. I have never heard of ford or any vehicle manufacturer mailing out order forms.
It's not the order forms that I'm expecting but just that I am clear to go to the dealer and place the order. I figured that's what the poster meant.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
I have been wondering when ford will open up online ordering. I am assuming it will be this fall ,will that be October, November I wish someone could tell us.
no idea. I would imagine that it won't be open to everyone at the same time as it might allow someone with a quick "trigger finger" to jump way ahead of those that ordered early on. ...it might be a per dealership thing. So, if a dealer allocated 10 in the first shipment and they only had 8 reservations, then all 8 at that location might get their notice to place their orders early on. If that same dealer with 10 coming had 20 reservations, then the remaining 10 would have to wait until the next round. ...assuming all 10 from the first batch actually follow through. I would be very surprised (like REALLY surprised) if all 150,000 of the reservations make good. ...or if even half of them do. $100 really isn't much skin in the game and it is refundable. I think Ford knows that. Either the interest fades as they wait. Move on to something else. Life changes. ...or they just want to get details early. Even the fee to order isn't that bad through my dealer. $500 to $1000 depending. It's refundable too. So... yeah. Could get interesting. I would imagine that given the "order only" nature of this dealers may make the ordering fee non-refundable. I can't say I'd blame them for that. So people aren't ordering tricked out top dollar models and then walking away.

Last edited: