Ford is sending out order forms

Don weller

no idea. I would imagine that it won't be open to everyone at the same time as it might allow someone with a quick "trigger finger" to jump way ahead of those that ordered early on. ...it might be a per dealership thing. So, if a dealer allocated 10 in the first shipment and they only had 8 reservations, then all 8 at that location might get their notice to place their orders early on. If that same dealer with 10 coming had 20 reservations, then the remaining 10 would have to wait until the next round. ...assuming all 10 from the first batch actually follow through. I would be very surprised like REALLY surprised if all 150,000 of the reservations make good. ...or if even half of them do. $100 really isn't much skin in the game and it is refundable. I think Ford knows that. Either the interest fades as they wait. Move on to something else. Life changes. ...or they just want to get details early. Even the fee to order isn't that bad through my dealer. $500 to $1000 depending. It's refundable too. So... yeah. Could get interesting. I would imagine that given the "order only" nature of this dealers may make the ordering fee non-refundable. I can't say I'd blame them for that. So people aren't ordering tricked out top dollar models and then walking away.
I would expect ford to follow what they did for ordering a bronco. They put the ordering information online, you picked the options you wanted and went to your dealer and placed your order, that's what my Grandson did.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
no idea. I would imagine that it won't be open to everyone at the same time as it might allow someone with a quick "trigger finger" to jump way ahead of those that ordered early on. ...it might be a per dealership thing. So, if a dealer allocated 10 in the first shipment and they only had 8 reservations, then all 8 at that location might get their notice to place their orders early on. If that same dealer with 10 coming had 20 reservations, then the remaining 10 would have to wait until the next round. ...assuming all 10 from the first batch actually follow through. I would be very surprised (like REALLY surprised) if all 150,000 of the reservations make good. ...or if even half of them do. $100 really isn't much skin in the game and it is refundable. I think Ford knows that. Either the interest fades as they wait. Move on to something else. Life changes. ...or they just want to get details early. Even the fee to order isn't that bad through my dealer. $500 to $1000 depending. It's refundable too. So... yeah. Could get interesting. I would imagine that given the "order only" nature of this dealers may make the ordering fee non-refundable. I can't say I'd blame them for that. So people aren't ordering tricked out top dollar models and then walking away.
Allocation will definitely play a part, but it shouldn't matter when someone fills out their order form too much, as long as it's before whatever deadline Ford sets. The timestamp of each of our $100 reservations are what should establish the pecking order at each dealership. Aside from that, you should only be able to move up in line through attrition, as not all reservations will convert to orders.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I am not following you on this. I filled out the reservation on line with a credit card so they get the money at the same time don't they

Don weller

Yes if you use a credit card ford got the money. I did the same thing, I actually got an email from Ford telling me they got the money, that was back in May.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-123837_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-123837_Gmail.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 131

goose2

Sep 1, 2021
Idaho
I was told by Ford customer service that they will go in the order your reservation was put in so hauling ass to your local dealer to be the first one to order probably won’t do any good. There will be a few that won’t take there reservation so that will be the only way to move up the pecking order. If you were past the 35,000 reserve I would not plan on one in 22.

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
if you call Ford customer service will they tell you were your reservation falls in line? I registered on day 3 and that night on the news it said they already had 45,000 reservations. Im assuming a 60% conversion rate which still leaves me in the 27,000 range.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
1632318428868.png
I can not wait to get my new Lightning. The old Lightning is get tired.

rtw819

Nov 3, 2021
Ohio
Here we are at the end of November and Canadians still can't get an order form...what gives?
Everyone is still waiting. No U.S. "order forms" yet either. It's still Fall for a few more weeks or so, so technically there is still time. Maybe it'll be an early Christmas present -- who knows.

LEHuskey

Sep 9, 2021
Washington
Everyone is still waiting. No U.S. "order forms" yet either. It's still Fall for a few more weeks or so, so technically there is still time. Maybe it'll be an early Christmas present -- who knows.
I'm hearing January now... only rumors online, though. Nothing substantiated. My dealer is telling me it'll be 2023 before I'll get my lightning.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I'm hearing January now... only rumors online, though. Nothing substantiated. My dealer is telling me it'll be 2023 before I'll get my lightning.
Is he saying that because you where late in reserving or what