Ford Lightning eSourceBook

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Does anyone know if you have to have a internet subscription on your truck to use phone as a key?

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
Does anyone know if you have to have a internet subscription on your truck to use phone as a key?
I would hope that Bluetooth would work for phone as a key, but some of the more advanced features like remote start, vehicle locator and switching various features like climate control and heated seats would need the vehicles built in 4/5g cell connection

When I bought my wife a E300, MB wanted a HUGE amount for a 5 year connection plan that included concierge services and cabin wifi, that was going to cost around 5k

I opted for a lower tier safety and security service level which gave remote access, door lock control, remote starting, vehicle tracking and emergency communications (like onStar) in the event of a crash, much less but $1700 for 5 years, which reminds me, that renewal is coming due this May..

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I have a 2017 Lincoln Continental and I could remote start, Lock doors see mileage and fuel. Ford just sent me a letter telling me that phone company's don't support 3G anymore so I need to bring my car in for a 4G modem at a cost to me of $1'000. Everything you buy nowadays is a monthly fee or a yearly upgrade. The esource book is like a owner manual.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Thank you for the source book. Does anyone have a link for an owner manual yet?
I don't but if you look down in the esource book it explains everything just like an owners manual. it tell you how to tow the truck and how all the high tech safety works

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
1644818395287.png

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Thanks man figured it out . It works like my Continental. The modem is connected to the Ford cloud and that service is complementary from Ford. I was thinking i had to buy an internet service for the car. The navigation system you get 3years free and then you have to buy a subscription. The Blue cruise you have a charge built into the price and after I think 3 years you have to buy another subscription. Then you have sirius XM you pay for after 6 months and i don't know about car as a hotspot. Can you use your phone to make the car a Hotspot?

Last edited: