There Is Hope

Paveitall

Oct 22, 2021
Bismarck, ND
Hi All - haven’t posted here yet but have watched closely over the past few months as I am/was #3 in line at my dealership (res 109XXXXX) and was really hoping for an invite on wave #3 but no dice. During this time I have stayed in contact with the dealership and last week I received some good news from the dealer.

Long story short I ordered my XLT SR today at the dealership, the customer that was in position #1 wants to wait so they allowed me to switch places with him. I placed the order directly with the sales manager and he had some additional info that I haven’t seen here so I thought I would post some of the info I thought was interesting.

* My dealer has 12 lightings for MY22, they have only received 1 invite in wave #1, zero for wave 2 & 3.
* Stated production based on order position not model.
* Dealer can prioritize on a scale from 10-19, 10 being best 19 being last. Ford can prioritize 1-9.
* Dealers can swap reservations, but need to make sure at least 80% of orders match reservation names, under that they will loose allocations.

This info might already exist in this forum but it was new to me so thought I would share. I’m sure I forgot some info but I can tell you I was shocked that they were able to swap reservations.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Hi All - haven’t posted here yet but have watched closely over the past few months as I am/was #3 in line at my dealership (res 109XXXXX) and was really hoping for an invite on wave #3 but no dice. During this time I have stayed in contact with the dealership and last week I received some good news from the dealer.

Long story short I ordered my XLT SR today at the dealership, the customer that was in position #1 wants to wait so they allowed me to switch places with him. I placed the order directly with the sales manager and he had some additional info that I haven’t seen here so I thought I would post some of the info I thought was interesting.

* My dealer has 12 lightings for MY22, they have only received 1 invite in wave #1, zero for wave 2 & 3.
* Stated production based on order position not model.
* Dealer can prioritize on a scale from 10-19, 10 being best 19 being last. Ford can prioritize 1-9.
* Dealers can swap reservations, but need to make sure at least 80% of orders match reservation names, under that they will loose allocations.

This info might already exist in this forum but it was new to me so thought I would share. I’m sure I forgot some info but I can tell you I was shocked that they were able to swap reservations.
Two Thump's up

OP
P

Paveitall

Oct 22, 2021
Bismarck, ND
Two Thump's up
this just showed up on my ford.com page. It’s a survey about my buying experience. Does that mean anything?

Attachments

• CC2F9F7A-38E4-42EB-A258-66666224D7B6.jpeg
    CC2F9F7A-38E4-42EB-A258-66666224D7B6.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 79