Ford Lightning is sold out

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Would much appreciate anyone receiving configuration emails to post the date and time of their reservation.

Does this just mean Ford doesn't have them in its immediate production plans but could still reintroduce them later in the year?
I think for 20/22 they are saving what Pro's they are going to make for the Fleet sales

Last edited:

steven

Nov 26, 2021
tucson
I think for 20/22 they are saving what Prps they are going to make for the Fleet sales
What does 'Prps' mean?

P.S. I hope someone from Ford subscribes here! I would like to put in a pitch for directing as many 2022 Lightnings as possible to Arizona. Next year it will cost 5x as much to license a Lightning here as this year. The AZ state government, in its infinite wisdom and in the interest of 'fairness' to planet-destroying ICE vehicles, has repealed the tax credit you receive for buying an EV. Don't know what the ratio is now but when I bought my last EV about 10 years ago you paid about twice as much for an EV as the equivalent ICE machine. (They ought to be called PISS machines - 'planet incinerating shit steamers'. A friend bought a new F150 this year that gets 14 MPG - on the highway.)
So anyway next time you are thinking of doing business in 'the sunshine state', remember what it's government is doing to one of the greatest possibilities for cutting back on global warming by allowing owners to store their solar energy - something Elon Musk says he won't permit (bidirectional charging). It's that old 'freedom' to drive anywhere, anytime even when the power is out. It isn't all the money he makes selling PowerWalls and grid-scale batteries.

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
What does 'Prps' mean?

P.S. I hope someone from Ford subscribes here! I would like to put in a pitch for directing as many 2022 Lightnings as possible to Arizona. Next year it will cost 5x as much to license a Lightning here as this year. The AZ state government, in its infinite wisdom and in the interest of 'fairness' to planet-destroying ICE vehicles, has repealed the tax credit you receive for buying an EV. Don't know what the ratio is now but when I bought my last EV about 10 years ago you paid about twice as much for an EV as the equivalent ICE machine. (They ought to be called PISS machines - 'planet incinerating shit steamers'. A friend bought a new F150 this year that gets 14 MPG - on the highway.)
So anyway next time you are thinking of doing business in 'the sunshine state', remember what it's government is doing to one of the greatest possibilities for cutting back on global warming by allowing owners to store their solar energy - something Elon Musk says he won't permit (bidirectional charging). It's that old 'freedom' to drive anywhere, anytime even when the power is out. It isn't all the money he makes selling PowerWalls and grid-scale batteries.
Probably a typo. Pros

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
What does 'Prps' mean?

Typo it is Pro...........And Two thumb up to you........They need to out law ICE vehicles and lower the price of battery cars they can't cost as much to make as ICE