Fords poor f-150 lightning sales

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
It is not poor sales, just poor manufacturing. I have a reservation from day 3 and I have not been offered yet to convert my reservation into a purchase.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
You don't have to there are many on lot selling at MSRP
I have not visited a Ford dealership in a while, but if they F150s sitting on the lot while people still have reservations, they are doing something wrong.

Maybe it is because I indicated I wanted a pro. That was before they added $18K to the MSRP.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
I have not visited a Ford dealership in a while, but if they F150s sitting on the lot while people still have reservations, they are doing something wrong.

Maybe it is because I indicated I wanted a pro. That was before they added $18K to the MSRP.
I completely agree “they are doing something wrong”. I didn’t get on reserve list until June 6th, so I was probably around 75-80k behind others. At some point, my reservation on the ford site changed from generic to me requesting an XLT, which is not what I wanted. My plans were for extended range Lariat with several upgrades. I called several times to correct it with no good results.

Then after watching this forum frequently, I also saw that it seems some dealers are getting some “sitting” on lots. I called a few in NC area, despite someone suggesting NC had “many” to chose from, I contacted 5 dealerships and only found one available but at a slight markup.
I considered it for a few hours, but then decided to wait since I am in Nashville and NC is a hike. The next day I called my local dealer and they had 2 platinums sitting on the lot. I jumped!, and now own one of the 2.
Long story short, WHY?

Really? Why? I technically became one of less than 19,000 owners despite still being on the waiting list with zero emails or communications about when I might get to order my truck. I am guessing I wouldn’t have been able to get my “reservation moved to order” until about October 2023.

And yet, I now own a platnium edition. Ahead of about 60,000 people still waiting. Sorry, not sorry. But clearly Ford has no idea how to manage this situation and demand.

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
I just checked the inventory. Some dealers still have 2022 Pros for $46k. Nowhere near where I live though. Dealers here only have $90k Lightnings.

I wonder how the cybertruck sales are going to be. If Ford can’t sell more than 20k Lightnings, then I doubt Tesla will sell more than a million cybertrucks.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
I just checked the inventory. Some dealers still have 2022 Pros for $46k. Nowhere near where I live though. Dealers here only have $90k Lightnings.

I wonder how the cybertruck sales are going to be. If Ford can’t sell more than 20k Lightnings, then I doubt Tesla will sell more than a million cybertrucks.
Let’s be clear, it’s not that Ford can’t sell 20k trucks…..it’s that Ford can’t make them fast enough. That whole supply chain issue is still a “thing” for many companies. Part of the reason why Tesla hasn’t been able to make a single truck in 4 years.
So, while Ford is slow AND they suck at communication and logistics they have still produced almost 20k trucks faster than Tesla could.
I am not sure how many Rivian has made/delivered, but I think they have similar supply chain issues.

Rdiamfree

Mar 10, 2023
Curlew Washington
I have placed a reservation two years ago +. Recently, visited the delivery dealership after receiving my confirmation of order and build. I visited the dealership to have a look at any they might have on the lot. They had 2. One was a dealer runner and the other recently delivered with a cancelled sale. It was a good lucking truck and I had the opportunity to check out all the features. I noticed the dealer had marked up the price by 10K for "area pricing". Not happy to see that. I researched my own truck order and noted that there is "$0" dealership markup listed for my sale @ 89K with the options I chose on the Lariat. My only regret is that I ordered the Iconic Silver, and after seeing the Stone Grey I would have gone with that color. To late to change anything since things are in production. Finally, I wish that I had known more about the Lithium Chemistry (MMN Technology) before hand. Lithium LiFePO4 (Iron Phosphate) is much safer chemistry for Lithium batteries.