Dec 3, 2021
NE Kansas
iu

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
If they built the battery into the trailer where you could actually carry cargo, a SXS, etc that would be super cool! Hmmm maybe I could set up a battery system in my current cargo trailer so I could use my Lightning to tow my Polaris RZR? :unsure:

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
I don't think Ford will allow you to drive while the truck is plugged in, so not sure how this is different from stopping at a charging station? Seems even more cumbersome to me personally because now you're hauling this "charging station" behind you.

Only way I see this being helpful is if you ran out of juice somewhere and they tow this to you

Last edited:
OP
L

lllaible

Dec 3, 2021
NE Kansas
I don't think Ford will allow you to drive while the truck is plugged in, so not sure how this is different from stopping at a charging station? Seems even more cumbersome to me personally because now you're hauling this "charging station" behind you.

Only way I see this being helpful is if you ran out of juice somewhere and they tow this to you
Just so you know this is kind of a joke if you didn't figure out. That trailer will prolly cost more than 3 or 4 Lighting trucks.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Aren't there "Hypermilers" that are using generators to charge their cars as they go so they can extend their range? I could see the advantage in adding a battery pack to my existing cargo trailer to give me an extended range while towing. I don't think that's too far-fetched if the Lightning will allow the truck to feed off of a remote battery pack plugged into a charging port.