Here's When You'll Get Your 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning (maybe)

2022-f150-lightning-date.jpg

"Currently, production capacity stands at 75,000 F-150 Lightning models per year at Ford's Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan."

Here's When You'll Get Your 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning (https://www.newsweek.com/heres-when-youll-get-your-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-1665122)​

Obviously, a lot depends on whether Ford can get its hands on the commodities required to produce those trucks. And conceivably revealing too much about where it is in being able to fully employ that capacity risks giving its suppliers too much leverage in negotiating prices.
BUT:
Ford needs to be more forthcoming about where it is in converting reservations to orders. Until it is, please publish the date and number of your reservation if you have been able to convert it to order.

Last edited by a moderator:
So - this article seems to confirm a 1st year run of 75,000 for the 2022?

I am hoping so as I reserved on 5/21 and am 11th of 38 at my dealer…the are speculating that puts me in the 40,000- 50,000 block of reservations. I still have not seen an order email yet - perhaps wave 3…

So - this article seems to confirm a 1st year run of 75,000 for the 2022?
Hopefully, but not necessarily. Looks like Ford's public relations are handled by its legal staff:
"A Ford representative confirmed to Newsweek that the company will be slowly ramping up production to that 75,000 mark."
So on the last production day of 2022 if Ford is producing at a rate of 75,000 per day it could say it honored its public remarks even if it only produced the 15,000 Reuters said it was going to produce last August.

Does anybody have a guess at where a 5/23 reservation would put one at if 5/21 is 40,000th?

Does anybody have a guess at where a 5/23 reservation would put one at if 5/21 is 40,000th?
Where did you get the information that a reservation put in on 5/21 is 40,000th? It is critical we know how far Ford is in processing reservation dates so we can switch dealers if our number should have come up but didn't. This should be a number to which the dealers who post here should have access.

Where did you get the information that a reservation put in on 5/21 is 40,000th? It is critical we know how far Ford is in processing reservation dates so we can switch dealers if our number should have come up but didn't. This should be a number to which the dealers who post here should have access.
I am just posting off the information from Steven above.

This was just the best educated guess my dealer contacts had based on the information they had available. They said I had about a 30% chance of actually getting a 2022 model year but that 11 of 38 reservations was a good place to be.

"Currently, production capacity stands at 75,000 F-150 Lightning models per year at Ford's Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan."

Here's When You'll Get Your 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning (https://www.newsweek.com/heres-when-youll-get-your-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-1665122)​

Obviously, a lot depends on whether Ford can get its hands on the commodities required to produce those trucks. And conceivably revealing too much about where it is in being able to fully employ that capacity risks giving its suppliers too much leverage in negotiating prices.
BUT:
Ford needs to be more forthcoming about where it is in converting reservations to orders. Until it is, please publish the date and number of your reservation if you have been able to convert it to order.
I don’t see anyone posting they have converted to order this first wave not many

Got the order email and in the process of having the dealer submit it...probably from them to Ford on Monday. Reservation date was 5/20/2021 and order date 1/7/2022. Need a $1000 deposit to do the order. A follow-up e-mail confirms that mine will be a first wave build but no build date yet.

Last edited:
Got the order email and in the process of having the dealer submit it...probably from them to Ford on Monday. Reservation date was 5/20/2021 and order date 1/7/2022. Need a $1000 deposit to do the order. A follow-up e-mail confirms that mine will be a first wave build but no build date yet.
Thanks. When did you get the order email? Were you in the first or second wave? You say you have a first wave build. Does that mean you got it on the 6th or did you receive it on the 20th?

I will be looking for a dealer willing to ship and with a sufficient quota (and no markup!) to supply a truck if I don't hear somethine g in the next wave. Does anyone know if there is prior coordination between Ford and dealers before Ford sends order emails?

I am 90 out off over 500 at my dealership with the 2 waves I am now 84. I have called a lot of dealerships and they all have all the reservation they need. One small dealer told me he had 9 reservation and has already been told that he will only get 3 allocation for the year 2022. So it may be time to just accept the fact that a lot of us will need to move on or wait for 2023. My dealer said he put his employer first and best customers for 25 then you fall where you land.

I am 90 out off over 500 at my dealership with the 2 waves I am now 84. I have called a lot of dealerships and they all have all the reservation they need. One small dealer told me he had 9 reservation and has already been told that he will only get 3 allocation for the year 2022. So it may be time to just accept the fact that a lot of us will need to move on or wait for 2023. My dealer said he put his employer first and best customers for 25 then you fall where you land.
When did you submit your reservation? It looks like the dealers have more information - like this year's allocation quota - than they are willing to make public? Then there is the list of priority customers. If that number is about as large as the quota they will be allocated from Ford, it will be past time to as you put it 'move on or wait'.

When did you submit your reservation? It looks like the dealers have more information - like this year's allocation quota - than they are willing to make public? Then there is the list of priority customers. If that number is about as large as the quota they will be allocated from Ford, it will be past time to as you put it 'move on or wait'.
I put my reservation in on 5/21 so I was thinking I would be around 40 something thousand because they said in 3 days they had 48,000 but some how at my dealer I am number 90. The larger more reservation dealer are getting more allocation so moving to a smaller dealer won't work. I hope this make sense for you

Congratulations on Your Reservation for a New Ford F-150 Lightning.

Ford Motor Company <[email protected]>
Wed 5/19/2021 10:40 PM

So much for being treated fairly huh?....You reserved on the 20th?

Back