House passes BBB bill that has EV credits

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
Build Back Better? Really? This is a shameful piece of legislation being rammed through by shameful "Politicians". I placed my reservation on June 15. I would like to receive the tax credit as much as anyone else. God knows we deserve it after all of the taxes we have paid over the years! But I would never sell my soul for $7500. The Lightning will stand on it's own merits as long as Ford does not F it up like they did the Bronco. Apples and oranges to a point but my Ford store and many others from what I read on the forums constantly refer to the Bronco (and to an extent the Mach E) regarding reservations, 2nd deposit, configurator, actual ordering, # of units produced, allocation, and delivery. Ford needs to do a much better job of communicating to their dealer network and to their customers regarding a realistic timeline for the aforementioned process. The Lightning will be a game changer if they get it right. Just my 2 cents worth.

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
Build Back Better? Really? This is a shameful piece of legislation being rammed through by shameful "Politicians". I placed my reservation on June 15. I would like to receive the tax credit as much as anyone else. God knows we deserve it after all of the taxes we have paid over the years! But I would never sell my soul for $7500. The Lightning will stand on it's own merits as long as Ford does not F it up like they did the Bronco. Apples and oranges to a point but my Ford store and many others from what I read on the forums constantly refer to the Bronco (and to an extent the Mach E) regarding reservations, 2nd deposit, configurator, actual ordering, # of units produced, allocation, and delivery. Ford needs to do a much better job of communicating to their dealer network and to their customers regarding a realistic timeline for the aforementioned process. The Lightning will be a game changer if they get it right. Just my 2 cents worth.
I totally agree with you regarding the overall bill, it is just another monster tax & spend legislation. But it would be nice to get the $12,500 off the Lightning! Most likely this discount will be offset by the huge inflation this bill will cause us all!

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
They average american makes $48,500 a year.
According to the Economic Policy Unit: “The average annual cost of infant care in Texas is $9,324—that's $777 per month. Child care for a 4-year-old costs $7,062—or $589 each month.” According to the 2021 Cost Of Care Survey, the national average for after-school child care is $976 (based on 15 hours per week).This bill helps family's afford an electric vehicle.

OP
X

xandalf

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee, USA
Yes, the $12,500 EV truck credit is in the Build Back Better bill. If that's what you were asking. I have not read all the pages of the bill, but I assume you can buy at full price if you have some kid of moral/political/religious objections(you mentioned "politicians" and "selling your soul" so just guessing here). If you wanna read it for yourself , last time I looked at the bill the EV language was somewhere around page 1,400 or so if I remember correctly.

wwise

Jun 27, 2021
Conroe, Texas
In retrospect I agree with Aj67. This was not the proper forum to get "Political". My bad on that. Please feel free to comment on the rest of my posting regarding communication from Ford to customers and to dealers and my concerns about the reservation, ordering, and delivery process. Thx.