How reliable is “Ford authority”?

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/2023-ford-f-150-lightning-will-get-android-based-infotainment-system/

This article from FA states that the 2023 Lightning will have the Android based OS.
As I understand the infotainment system in the 22’s is par with the current system in the Mach-E. (Which thankfully is NOT Google based)
I would think Google would be much better and work with more devices. I glad I am getting 2023 with more apps. Ford must think its better or I don't they would change OS but I really don't know. I would like to hear more opinions on the subject.

I would think Google would be much better and work with more devices. I glad I am getting 2023 with more apps. Ford must think its better or I don't they would change OS but I really don't know. I would like to hear more opinions on the subject.
In my opinion the current OS works well. And the fact that you can choose to use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay is great.

I don’t like sharing my life with Google (or Amazon for that matter) which is why we don’t have any Google or Alexa products at home.

The fact that you login with a google account in your car is crazy in my opinion.

Already I feel the ford wants way to much access to my data. IE why does the FordPass app need to know where I am all the time?
I turned locations off for the app and I’m constantly reminded that the app won’t work if I don’t turn it on - it actually does 🤔

Also the Ford privacy policy is vague to say the least. They might share data collected with “partners”… (not further specified - and customer service has no idea who the partners are) and there’s no way to opt out of data-sharing if you want to drive the car.

Going forward it’ll all be Google? It’ll be without me behind the wheel. Unfortunately.

Back