I have a Platinum who will buy it

jbart27523

Jan 24, 2023
Apex, NC
How much? Any pics? Is it extended batt?
The trucks are piling up in North Carolina. My dealer has 8. GM said "the market has tanked on the EV truck. He cant sell any. One guy returned his truck two weeks old. The guy took an $8K hit. If you buy one, you won't be able to sell it. Plan on keeping a long time.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
The trucks are piling up in North Carolina. My dealer has 8. GM said "the market has tanked on the EV truck. He cant sell any. One guy returned his truck two weeks old. The guy took an $8K hit. If you buy one, you won't be able to sell it. Plan on keeping a long time.
Well, I am not the person that got on the waiting list just to mark it up and sell it a week later. I am keeping my 2011 F150 for another dozen years or so and plan on keeping the Lightning until the battery just gives out too.
And I am in TN, more than glad to drive to NC and pick one up if really available. But I am picky, I want extended battery and pretty much ever comfort option available.

jbart27523

Jan 24, 2023
Apex, NC
Well, I am not the person that got on the waiting list just to mark it up and sell it a week later. I am keeping my 2011 F150 for another dozen years or so and plan on keeping the Lightning until the battery just gives out too.
And I am in TN, more than glad to drive to NC and pick one up if really available. But I am picky, I want extended battery and pretty much ever comfort option available.
Head to Charlotte. Lots of trucks. Good luck

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I have a dealer that has a 2022 with 7000 miles they where asking $104k now 5 weeks later they are asking $92k that is below sticker. another dealer just called me they have 2 2023 that have been turned down they are trying to sale. all Ford cares about is selling commercial trucks and be dam the public

https://electrek.co/2022/10/28/ford-ev-ira-tax-credit/

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
So glad this happened. I ended up finding a platinum at my local dealer in TN. Done with the waitlist, I will be proud new owner of a Lightning tomorrow afternoon!!!
did you get a good deal on it. i have a dealer that has a platinum for $93'000 2022 with 7,000 miles

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I paid MSRP of 98,900 for platinum brand new—55 “test drive miles” was all
That's GREAT! There are 3 at my 2 dealerships One is the 2022 for $93;000 and the other dealership is asking $50.000 over sticker so I told him where he could stick it.

jbart27523

Jan 24, 2023
Apex, NC
That's GREAT! There are 3 at my 2 dealerships One is the 2022 for $93;000 and the other dealership is asking $50.000 over sticker so I told him where he could stick it.
run as fast as you can. I promise in a few months all dealers will be loaded with them Below msrp.
I was a locl Mercedes dealer yesterday. They had 14 of their new EQS. Cant sell them.
Ford just lowered mustang price. F150 is next. Be patient.....

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
run as fast as you can. I promise in a few months all dealers will be loaded with them Below msrp.
I was a locl Mercedes dealer yesterday. They had 14 of their new EQS. Cant sell them.
I think you are right. and now Ford is up in the interest rate again. My truck is going to be at the dealer tomorrow and if they charge anymore the MSRP I am walking. after wll the wait the new is gone for me.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
I would be partly surprised to see them drop below MSRP in the next 5-6 months, but economy is tanking and housing market is dipping, so maybe

Haley

Feb 5, 2023
Hudson Valley NY
No disrespect but gotta see it to believe it. What's the name of the dealer in North Carolina? We'll google it and look at their inventory.

edited for spelling

Last edited:

jbart27523

Jan 24, 2023
Apex, NC
wh
No disrespect but gotta see it to believe it. What's the name of the dealer in North Carolina? We'll google it and look at their inventory.

edited for spelling
where do you live. In a 200 mile radius of raleigh there are 30 new for sale. Dealers are marking up hoping to catch a whale. Crossroads in Apex, NC has one with a $10k mark up. Sales mgr said at this point he'd take sticker. Other small dealers are complaining that big dealers are cutting prices. Wait and see.
disrespect but gotta see it to believe it.

jbart27523

Jan 24, 2023
Apex, NC
I would be partly surprised to see them drop below MSRP in the next 5-6 months, but economy is tanking and housing market is dipping, so maybe
last week ford dropped top mustang e by 6k. If you can wait a few months, you should see a big drop. in my area, 200 miles around Raleigh, there are 30 on auto trader. The reality, with electricity so high, really no value in the truck but having a novelty. I'll keep my 2018 King Ranch for now.