I have a Platinum who will buy it

Rustic

Feb 2, 2023
Central Illinois
last week ford dropped top mustang e by 6k. If you can wait a few months, you should see a big drop. in my area, 200 miles around Raleigh, there are 30 on auto trader. The reality, with electricity so high, really no value in the truck but having a novelty. I'll keep my 2018 King Ranch for now.
Even though you see 30 on Autotrader... you may want to call. All the dealers in my area have one posted, but they are all mannequins.... none are actually available.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Even though you see 30 on Autotrader... you may want to call. All the dealers in my area have one posted, but they are all mannequins.... none are actually available.
That was the case in Nashville area as well until about two weeks ago…..so worth checking

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
I think they are, but keep in mind the extra weight means more like 270 range instead of marketing’s 320 claim
Update: an ER platinum is actually a 200 mile range truck if you are like me and prefer to run heat or AC and don’t live in a place that’s exactly 70°F all the time. Oh, and I don’t tow much but cut that in half if you tow as well.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I have a Platinum and run heat or air all the time and I get 298 mphe plus I have a retrax tonneau top and a bed rug with about 300 pounds of car chains and other gear. You may want to have your battery checked or drive slower then 75 mph

I just read on your other post you had the battery checked so I don't know what is deferent than my truck. My regen was real tight at first but now it is a little to lose. i will cost a little to far about 1/2 the time.

Last edited:

Ssob

Dec 17, 2021
Sterling
I have a Platinum and run heat or air all the time and I get 298 mphe plus I have a retrax tonneau top and a bed rug with about 300 pounds of car chains and other gear. You may want to have your battery checked or drive slower then 75 mph

I just read on your other post you had the battery checked so I don't know what is deferent than my truck. My regen was real tight at first but now it is a little to lose. i will cost a little to far about 1/2 the time.
What do you consider to be your "normal" highway speed when you experience 298 mphe? Is that 298 mpge or is that the range, in miles, you get?

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
What do you consider to be your "normal" highway speed when you experience 298 mphe? Is that 298 mpge or is that the range, in miles, you get?
I only charge now to 90 percent but I drove to Austin texas from my house it is 179 miles and when I got there I had estimated 103 mile left to go but this trip I am talking about i did charge to 100% I hope this make since

Ssob

Dec 17, 2021
Sterling
I only charge now to 90 percent but I drove to Austin texas from my house it is 179 miles and when I got there I had estimated 103 mile left to go but this trip I am talking about i did charge to 100% I hope this make since
Curious as to what speed you use to get that range on that drive.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Curious as to what speed you use to get that range on that drive.
I am not a fast drive I drive about 5 mile over the speed limit. I don't take off fast but at a normal speed. On that trip I used blue curses when I was on the freeway and you do go through a fue little towns. I get 2.1 to 2.4 mpkh.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN

yep, dealer had it the last 29 days investigating. I do know that some is self inflicted as I do drive it like I stole it. But I do the same with my Tesla and rarely see more than 2% loss from the shown range. I am at almost 3k miles now and pretty much see a consistent 30% loss from whatever range gauge shows after charging.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
yep, dealer had it the last 29 days investigating. I do know that some is self inflicted as I do drive it like I stole it. But I do the same with my Tesla and rarely see more than 2% loss from the shown range. I am at almost 3k miles now and pretty much see a consistent 30% loss from whatever range gauge shows after charging.
A Tesla does not weigh 7000 pounds. I would check my Tire pressure and set it to 45 psi

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
A Tesla does not weigh 7000 pounds. I would check my Tire pressure and set it to 45 psi
Also if you are not doing one pedal driving you are not regenerating when you com to a stop.

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
It’s actually not too far off from that, but clearly way more aerodynamic.
and sure, I can check tire pressure, but they would have to be all flat to make a 30% difference.
and yes, one pedal was first change from default as I like driving like a Tesla.

OP
F

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
It’s actually not too far off from that, but clearly way more aerodynamic.
and sure, I can check tire pressure, but they would have to be all flat to make a 30% difference.
and yes, one pedal was first change from default as I like driving like a Tesla.
I did not like one pedal driving the first time i tried it but i decided to do it for one week after two days i loved it that is only way to drive. the old gas cars you put in drive and it takes off know how would make a car that takes off every time you put it in gear. that is so dangerous. i think if you give it a good try i think you will be less tired an relax more when driving

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
I did not like one pedal driving the first time i tried it but i decided to do it for one week after two days i loved it that is only way to drive. the old gas cars you put in drive and it takes off know how would make a car that takes off every time you put it in gear. that is so dangerous. i think if you give it a good try i think you will be less tired an relax more when driving
Seems my response was unclear. I completely agree that one pedal driving is the way to go. Safer, easier, re-gens the battery, and less wear on the brakes.