I won't get my 22 model until October?? WTF

brobohawk

May 19, 2022
Santa Cruz
I'm about over Ford and my dealer and the whole thing.. I am an early wave two conversion, platinum no less, and my dealer said I was number two in priority of 8 total 22 models. According to Ford and the Dealer I was looking at delivery around early may to mid June. I just finally got my production date of 8/29... seriously??? By the time I get the truck, the hype will be over with, the new model year will be in production and the dealership wants me to sign a no sale clause for 1 year!! This whole wanting an electric truck has ulcer and stress written all over it!!! Any one else getting late production dates like mine?
this is losing the luster...

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm about over Ford and my dealer and the whole thing.. I am an early wave two conversion, platinum no less, and my dealer said I was number two in priority of 8 total 22 models. According to Ford and the Dealer I was looking at delivery around early may to mid June. I just finally got my production date of 8/29... seriously??? By the time I get the truck, the hype will be over with, the new model year will be in production and the dealership wants me to sign a no sale clause for 1 year!! This whole wanting an electric truck has ulcer and stress written all over it!!! Any one else getting late production dates like mine?
I commiserate with you on the wait in general. I received an order invitation, but deferred because XLT was already sold out. So, partially my own decision to wait, partially Ford being unwilling to make the models early buyers actually want.
What I don't understand is being less excited about the Lightning just because you might not be the first person in your state to get one (you'll still almost definitely be the first one on your block, if that's important to you), or why you seem to think buying a Platinum somehow entitles you to an earlier delivery. Ford wants your money. They will get you your truck as quickly as they can do so.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
You're not alone, on another forum that I follow, 385 folks have placed an order only 60% have gotten their production build week/blend-day so far, leaving about 40% still waiting!

Dates have been issued through August, I suspect the next and final round of scheduling around middle of June will be to fill the gaps in the August schedule and fully populate the September schedule, the rest of you will be somewhere in that time frame and the truck will be in your driveway before 12/31/2022. You are ahead of those folks, how's that for restoring optimism!!!!!

Last edited:

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
Please cancel! That will move me up one faster 😀

Sync

May 19, 2022
TN
On another note, I get the tracker xls is user input, so we can throw accuracy out the window. Clearly nobody order date was in 2021, just reserve dates.
It appears the first batch of order invites was in Feb. Does anyone have a good guess on when the next batch of “order invites” will happen? I was a late reservist at 6/6/21, so guessing I will be 3rd or 4th wave of order invites, but figured I would ask.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
Does anyone have a good guess on when the next batch of “order invites” will happen?

We only speculate the final round for MY22 if it happens at all WAVE-7 might be in the middle of June.

This is the plan for MY23 though, with additional speculation that ordering for MY23 will start in the middle of July??

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), below is the updated schedule for the 2022/2023MY F-150 Lightning.
  • 04/01/2022 - 2022MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 07/28/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/09/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date
  • TBD - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/04/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/10/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date
The 2023 F-150 Lightning Order Guide will be released on or about the date that the 2023 Order Bank opens.

OP
B

brobohawk

May 19, 2022
Santa Cruz
You're not alone, on another forum that I follow, 385 folks have placed an order only 60% have gotten their production build week/blend-day so far, laving about 40% still waiting!

Dates have been issued through August, I suspect the next and final round of scheduling around middle of June will be to fill the gaps in the August schedule and fully populate the September schedule, the rest of you will be somewhere in that time frame and the truck will be in your driveway before 12/31/2022. You are ahead of those folks, how's that for restoring optimism!!!!!
Thanks man..yea I guess this is just first world problems and I need to stop being a whiner.. just want the damn truck already.. first day cyber truck holder and I guess I'm taking it out on FORD..

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
I reserved at 10 am on 5/21 and have not even been invited to order yet - I'm shooting for Lariat Extended Range - I'd be happy to get one this year but it seeming less and less likely with the things I am seeing posted.

kericks1991

Oct 31, 2021
Washington State
I reserved at 10 am on 5/21 and have not even been invited to order yet - I'm shooting for Lariat Extended Range - I'd be happy to get one this year but it seeming less and less likely with the things I am seeing posted.
We’re in the same boat. ER lariat hopefully next year.
These fuel prices are crazy and that is an awesome truck!