Is Ford's Stock a good buy right now?

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
ford-stock-price.png
Any Ford stock owners on the forum? 3 reasons why Ford's stock could be a good buy right now:

Ford Puts More Money Into EVs​

Ford outlined plans to increase investments in electric vehicles at its annual investor day on May 26. The automaker also expects costs of EV batteries to drop sharply. Ford stock rose. Spending related to EV initiatives is expected to grow to more than $30 billion by 2025. The car company previously planned an investment of $22 billion on EV development. Ford expects nearly 40% of its global vehicle volume to be electric by 2030. "This is our biggest opportunity for growth and value creation since Henry Ford started to scale the Model T, and we're grabbing it with both hands," CEO Jim Farley told investors on May 26.

Acquires Battery Charging Startup​

Ford on June 17 announced the acquisition of Electriphi. The California-based startup provides battery-management and charging solutions. The deal is expected to boost Ford's capabilities to develop battery charging and management services as it ramps up electrification efforts. Ford stock fell slightly. "With Electriphi's existing advanced technology IP in the Ford Pro electric vehicles and services portfolio, we will enhance the experience for commercial customers and be a single-source solution for fleet-depot charging," Ford Pro CEO Ted Cannis said in a June 17 statement. Ford Pro projects the charging depot segment could grow to 600,000 vehicles by 2030 and bring an additional $1 billion in revenue in that same time frame. Ford did not disclose how much it's paying for the San Francisco-based company. But executives say the acquisition is part of Ford's $30 billion investment in electrification efforts. The deal is expected to close by the end of June.

Ford Launches Lightning F-150 As Biden Pushes EVs​

Ford on May 19 officially debuted its electric pickup truck, the F-150 Lightning. Just a day earlier, President Joe Biden visited a Ford plant in Michigan to tout his $174 billion electric-vehicle plan and take Ford's electric truck for a test drive. Shares surged 13% for the week, signaling investors are bullish about the sales potential for the newest version of the popular pickup model. "Every so often, a new vehicle comes along that disrupts the status quo and changes the game … Model T, Mustang, Prius, Model 3. Now comes the F-150 Lightning," CEO Farley said in a May 10 news release.

Continue reading @ https://www.investors.com/research/ford-stock-buy-now/?src=A00220

Boy, I really missed the boat here! I think if you believe in the new product lines then it's probably a good time to buy and hold. It has run up a TON lately, especially since Ford stock traditionally doesn't have the large of swings in valuation.

Ford stopped there dividends, it was around 5% to put the money into the company and build there product line that also drove up the stock price but I am sue it will come back.

Looks like this Cramer agrees 🤣

Watch at 1:30.

Ford Flashes Buy Signal After Surprise Profit, Outlook Hike; Electric Truck Orders Jump​

I think this is probably the most exciting line up Ford has ever had (or at least since I can remember!)

Another good day for Ford stock holders!

Ford stock surges toward 2-decade high after plans to nearly double F-150 Lightning production​

Shares of Ford Motor Co. F, +4.81% jumped 1.8% toward a 21-year high in premarket trading Tuesday, after the auto maker said it plans to nearly double production of its all-electric F-150 Lightning pickups at its Dearborn, Michigan facility to 150,000 trucks per year to meet "soaring customer demand." The company said production of the 2022 F-150 Lightning will begin in the spring. On Thursday, Ford said the first wave of reservation holders for the Lightning will begin converting their reservations to orders, and will be invited to place their order over the next few months. "With nearly 200,000 reservations, our teams are working hard and creatively to break production constraints to get more F-150 Lightning trucks into the hands of our customers," said Kumar Galhotra, president of The Americas & International Markets Group. Separately, Ford said it will triple production for the Mustang Mach-E, with expectations to reach more than 200,000 units per year by 2023. The stock, which is on track to open at the highest price seen during regular-session hours since August 2001, has run up 51.7% over the past three months, while rival General Motors Co.'s stock GM, +4.33% has advanced 13.3% and the S&P 500 SPX, +0.64% has gained 11.5%.

Dang, I slept on buying some Ford stock and now I'm kicking myself because I didn't!

Back