leveling, tires, wheels and a tonneau....

mfj20th

Aug 21, 2022
Honolulu
Just did this today....

Attachments

• Lightning2.jpeg
    Lightning2.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Lightning3.jpeg
    Lightning3.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 127

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Curious to know what bed cover you went with? I am seriously considering the premium Peragon cover. Lightweight, hard shell aluminum, easy removal and take up little space:

OP
M

mfj20th

Aug 21, 2022
Honolulu
Curious to know what bed cover you went with? I am seriously considering the premium Peragon cover. Lightweight, hard shell aluminum, easy removal and take up little space:

Hi...I saw mixed reviews on the Peragon and pretty solid reviews on the Bak-flip MX4....I was really liking the way the Peragon operated, but ended up going with Bak-flip...

frunk

Jun 11, 2021

I would be afraid of it getting dents in it. I am thinking of the hard rollup to it has one nut on each side that you can unscrew to remove it. I am going to replace the nut's with wingnuts. I like the vinyl covered aluminum so it won't show dents. I believe the Bak-Flip has the same two nuts for removal

Last edited:
OP
M

mfj20th

Aug 21, 2022
Honolulu
Looks Good Was it expensive
I thought the tire/wheel prices were fair. I was looking for a steelie wheel, but one existed for the 6x135. This was as close as i could get. Wheels were a little over $300, tires a little less than that. Leveling kit and work was reasonable and well done by ORW.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Probably the best-looking Lightning I've seen yet! Have you noticed any big differences in how it rides?

OP
M

mfj20th

Aug 21, 2022
Honolulu
Can I ask what the benefit is of leveling the truck? Thanks!
Just get rid of that weird rake the some trucks come with...I prefer them level, and didnt wanna lift the truck. Leveling means you lift the front end 2" with a kit designed just for that....

CNJKevin

Aug 17, 2021
New Jersey
Just get rid of that weird rake the some trucks come with...I prefer them level, and didnt wanna lift the truck. Leveling means you lift the front end 2" with a kit designed just for that....
Ah! I personally actually like the “rake” myself. To each their own-as long as it’s safe!