Light bar on tailgate.

Don weller

On a previous post I said I am interested in the XLT. And I want the light bar on the tailgate. Then I read the tailgate on the XLT would be the same as was used on the 2021 model. That tailgate design will not except the light bar, so my thought is to swap out the tailgate gate for one like is used on the Lariat or platinum . Problem solved because what I am seeing the taillights are the same on all models , so everything should match up.

OP
D

Don weller

How much do you think that would cost to swap out a tailgate
I don't know, but I would like it to be installed at the factory. I would expect an upcharge for the lightbar and special order but it's just a matter of switching tailgates and some wiring involved. I have no idea of cost but it shouldn't be too expensive. That's something I really want iam willing to pay a reasonable price. By having a factory installation the paint would match and it would be installed correctly.

OP
D

Don weller

I don't know, but I would like it to be installed at the factory. I would expect an upcharge for the lightbar and special order but it's just a matter of switching tailgates and some wiring involved. I have no idea of cost but it shouldn't be too expensive. That's something I really want iam willing to pay a reasonable price. By having a factory installation the paint would match and it would be installed correctly.
Screenshot_20210526-123837_Gmail.jpg

Jenja

Aug 24, 2021
Pacific Northwest
I'm hoping for an aftermarket solution for both the front and tailgate light bars as I'm going for a Pro and just want to do some upgrades after purchase.

OP
D

Don weller

I'm hoping for an aftermarket solution for both the front and tailgate light bars as I'm going for a Pro and just want to do some upgrades after purchase.
There are aftermarket lightbars for the rear I installed one on my 2019 ram,I don't know what might be available for the front.

I prefer the factory look so that's what I am going for.

Jenja

Aug 24, 2021
Pacific Northwest
There are aftermarket lightbars for the rear I installed one on my 2019 ram,I don't know what might be available for the front.

I prefer the factory look so that's what I am going for.
Yeah, I'd be looking for one that mimics the look of the factory setup or possibly buying them from the dealer and installing myself? I'll wait for other people to figure it out then go with the best option. At any rate if it's not feasible I'll not worry about it but I'm sure something will come along in the aftermarket sooner or later.

OP
D

Don weller

Yeah, I'd be looking for one that mimics the look of the factory setup or possibly buying them from the dealer and installing myself? I'll wait for other people to figure it out then go with the best option. At any rate if it's not feasible I'll not worry about it but I'm sure something will come along in the aftermarket sooner or later.
What you need to know, is the tailgates on the pro and the XLT are the same as used on the 2021 models. So if you want the factory look you will have to swap out the tailgate for the one they are using on the Lariat and the Platinum.