Lightning Pro seats

Erik

Aug 28, 2021
California
I did a test drive today in the Pro. I mainly wanted to see how the seats were.

The vinyl of the seats feels very good. Better than the leatherette in my minivan. It is flexible and it has a texture that make it better than the old plasticky vinyl.

The vinyl floors are great. Kind of like the rubber floors in playgrounds.

The drivers seat height is perfect for me. I am 5’10”. Someone shorter than 5’10” may need a booster because the seat is not height adjustable.

The driver seat has no lumbar support. I will add a back cushion to add lumbar support.

The rear seat recline is OK, but not great. Good for a 1 hour drive, but not for a road trip. I wish the F150 rear seats could recline like the Ram truck rear seats.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
yep, same here - the 'vinyl' seating feels just as good and comfortable as my new Kia Sorento PHEV leather seats - I have no issues with the vinyl and prefer that over cloth, anyway. As for the adjustments - well, if you remember the 'old school' truck seats, you'll not have any issues - if you've been spoiled by more recent seat adjustment technology, yes, you might wish for more. and, yes, I also prefer the vinyl flooring to cloth - so much easier to clean, or keep clean.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021

The vinyl of the seats feels very good. Better than the leatherette in my minivan. It is flexible and it has a texture that make it better than the old plasticky vinyl.

The drivers seat height is perfect for me. I am 5’10”. Someone shorter than 5’10” may need a booster because the seat is not height adjustable.

The driver seat has no lumbar support. I will add a back cushion to add lumbar support.

The rear seat recline is OK, but not great. Good for a 1 hour drive, but not for a road trip. I wish the F150 rear seats could recline like the Ram truck rear seats.
Great review Thanks I hope someone will do more reviews

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Pro seats! I'm considering a Pro and was curious about the seating.

Mini2nut

Feb 3, 2022
CA
I applaud Ford for offering a bare bones “strippo” Lightning trim. It’s going to be rarer than hens teeth because of ultra low production numbers.

Walt

Aug 4, 2021
I picked up my Pro yesterday and the seats are really good. They are soft and had no trouble adjusting them for my 5’-7” frame. With being able to adjust the steering column it fits perfect.
I rode in the back seat for about half hou and it felt good too.Was surprised by how nice the dash looked also

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I picked up my Pro yesterday and the seats are really good. They are soft and had no trouble adjusting them for my 5’-7” frame. With being able to adjust the steering column it fits perfect.
I rode in the back seat for about half hou and it felt good too.Was surprised by how nice the dash looked also
Congrats on getting the all-elusive PRO model! I would be curious to see what kind of real-world range you get with it.

ICED Lightning

Mar 15, 2022
rural Georgia
I'll be testing range with mine in mid to late August - 100mile with nothing but the way the truck arrived from the factory, 100mile while towing a 3,000lb high-front typical camper, and also 100mile with tri-fold tonno cover. The 100mile run is mainly 60mph 4-lane divided highway with very few stopping or slowing points, including a round-a-bout, and the turnaround point, with a fair number of flat and a mix of hills. 50miles out, 50miles back.

PRO in IcedBlueSilver with TowTech, MaxTow, and 9.6kwProPower

Walt

Aug 4, 2021
So far on 45 mph trip of 80 miles 3.1 m/kw. Not shabby at all. Gues-o-meter says 278 on sr battery. Love the cruise control and the wife was comfortable with the seats too ,and she is hard to please

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
So far on 45 mph trip of 80 miles 3.1 m/kw. Not shabby at all. Gues-o-meter says 278 on sr battery. Love the cruise control and the wife was comfortable with the seats too ,and she is hard to please
That's a good range for the standard battery! Thanks for sharing your results.