Looking for feedback on RetraxPro XR Tonneau Cover

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hello all,

Happy New Year, Hope you all had a safe and enjoyable one!

I have decided to go with a RetraxPro XR Tonneau cover for the 2023 Lariat Lightning:

https://retrax.com/retraxpro-xr

primarily because I really like the integrated T-slot rail that allows me to add accessories to the back while still having access to the bed contents below, and it manages to do it with out a big hump at the cab side of the box.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand and - if so - can provide any feedback on their quality/support etc.

Thanks!

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I have had a Retrax and a Bedrug in my garage for over a month waiting for my Lightning. The Retrax is same one Ford sales under its name. I did a lot of resource on it and I believe it is the best on the market.

I plan to get a good small air compressor that they use in RV's that can go up to 180 psi to keep under the back seat also a 12 volt battery charger. I am going to ask Ford to so how make the outlets on if the start battery goes dead so we can use a battery charger to charge it back up. I sent the a message on my truck to make it so i can puss the radio know and get the air conditioner display and they did.

Last edited:

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
It cost a lot more to get the Retrax with rail track in it. You can save a lot of moneys if you get the top with the stack bed holes cut or cut them yourself and buy aftermarket elevated bed racks

OP
Kstype

Kstype

Jan 22, 2022
Pennsylvania
I got the RetraxOne XR with tracks - it’s cheaper because it’s composite (about $500 less). It should be somewhat lighter than aluminum.

MR Fiso

Nov 26, 2023
Washington State
So, here we are at the end of the year (2023);
@frunk - Did it work out for your? Did you go for anything after adding the kit you already had, such as an elevated rack?

Originally I thought I wanted an elevated rack for things that don't fit that bed. But, after taking delivery, I am not ready to take the plunge without more real insight. Currently I am pondering a tonneau cover, but even that is a hard decision based on what choice I go with and how it impacts other modifications.

The truck doesn't generate income, but should not limit potential later.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
So, here we are at the end of the year (2023);
@frunk - Did it work out for your? Did you go for anything after adding the kit you already had, such as an elevated rack?

Originally I thought I wanted an elevated rack for things that don't fit that bed. But, after taking delivery, I am not ready to take the plunge without more real insight. Currently I am pondering a tonneau cover, but even that is a hard decision based on what choice I go with and how it impacts other modifications.

The truck doesn't generate income, but should not limit potential later.
I am real happy with my Retrax tonneau top and also love the rugbed I got the new one with the rubber floor and carpet sides. Nothing slides around and its easy to keep clean. I have my truck hand washed and the guy walked on the side of it to wash the cab top. so it is strong and I like you can lock it in any part of the bed. I got some PVC and i just closed the top up on them .I did not have to tie them down.

scott99deb

Dec 4, 2023
Garberville ca
I put the retrax pro in my truck when I bought it 10/22. I like these covers and I immediately noticed an increase in mileage when I put it on. I do haul things in my truck and the loss of the space at the front of the cab is a pain sometimes, but overall worth it.